vs. RED SOX, 7/25

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just have Givens go two innings, with his dip in velocity what could go wrong?

So, instead of that or originally having Castro come back out for at least part of the 8th, Bleier is the workhorse. Hey, if it works....

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

So, instead of that or originally having Castro come back out for at least part of the 8th, Bleier is the workhorse. Hey, if it works....

Sox had a ton of lefties in the lineup today (Benintendi, Bradley, Moreland, Devers, Verdugo, the rookie SS that started).   Maybe against a team with a heavier righthanded lineup you'd see more Givens and less Bleier.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you want to see how young superstars should play, look at Churios and Merrill. Both big time contributors to their teams in the post season, both players 20 and 21 years of age. Meanwhile, our Jackson doesn’t even get an AB. Something is just off with this organization and their development..
    • I agree with some of the opening post. I cannot blame Hyde for this team not hitting. I believe it is completely analytical based. Analytics are against singles, walks, hit and run or bunts.    I know we can pick our guy to be upset with but I will go with Tony Taters. Adley hit a single to RF and with the right effort and baserunning he should have been on third base. Don’t have to talk about the terrible AB with the bases loaded. There was another play with the Massey single in the second that rubbed me the wrong way. The ball was hit 73 MPH and landed 250 feet. The RF wall is 325 feet away so how far is he playing back against Michael Massey? Tony did not strike me of a guy giving it everything he had to get to a fly ball. He basically assumed Mullins would get it and jogged in. 
    • I would have taken this loss harder in the past guess I'm getting older. Also this team has been telegraphing for over a half season how this season would end. I don't want to hear stats on how many runs this team scored it's a lineup that lives and dies by the home run. The problem is the weather cools in October and the ball doesn't carry as well in summer at OPACY. The Orioles actually got good pitching, but the offense came up small yet again. Elias needs to rethink the types of hitters he has on the Orioles roster and evaluate the effectiveness of having two hitting coaches. There's even an offensive strategy coach and what exactly does he do? "Hey Adley next time you get up the plate try not to make an out".
    • Completely agree and there's no reason the O's shouldn't be a serious player for Soto.  Him and one top starter and I'm happy.
    • Add a couple of seasoned professionals who know how to win. Solid players who have been around a while. These young guys are talented for sure, but that’s not enough. They need to learn to play better as a team and know what it takes to win consistently.  I honestly think they get caught up in reading about how good they are, not proving it on the field day after day.
    • Except Cruz wasn’t an overpay. He’s the rare older free agent that actually earned his money. By the way, Cruz was the 55th highest paid player when he signed his FA deal after he played for the Orioles. He wasn’t even that expensive.    But that’s just an aside. I understand what you’re saying and your point is valid. I’m just still irked that the Orioles basically punted in that offseason that Cruz walked. I hope they are fiscally brave enough to take the next step and not count on Holliday and Mayo to improve next years team. 
  • Popular Contributors