Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Putting aside the age issue, I’m not expecting Li’l Yaz to hit much over the long run.   OBP of .303 right now and his power numbers are fluky.   Still, he has done more in the majors than I would have expected, and I’m very happy for him that he’s having his day in the sun.  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Putting aside the age issue, I’m not expecting Li’l Yaz to hit much over the long run.   OBP of .303 right now and his power numbers are fluky.   Still, he has done more in the majors than I would have expected, and I’m very happy for him that he’s having his day in the sun.  

Agreed. He could be out of baseball entirely next year, or have a 5 year run as a starter, then 4th, outfielder.

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's nice that he's having his moment.  He's probably glad that he got called up in the year you get a Major League home run in every box of Cracker Jacks.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What do you think... Yaz a better ML career than Rickard? I would say maybe but I doubt Yaz gets as much rope as Joey did in the bigs.

22 minutes ago, interloper said:

What do you think... Yaz a better ML career than Rickard? I would say maybe but I doubt Yaz gets as much rope as Joey did in the bigs.

It won’t shock me if Li’l Yaz outdoes Rickard.    He’s got more power.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It won’t shock me if Li’l Yaz outdoes Rickard.    He’s got more power.

I think his 15 minutes will end soon.  With his last name it may be more like 20 minutes but whatever.  Always happy for guys like him who finally get a taste of that dream.  Rather stupid we couldn't do that after so many years in the org but it's not surprising either.