Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know you like to thump your chest when you were correct.  I still think Yaz had backers because of his last name.  If his last name were Smith, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have been as adamant about your stance.  

You know why I point out when I am right.  Because he guys give me so much stuff when I take a position and hardly ever say a thing when I turn out to be right.

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I know you like to thump your chest when you were correct.  I still think Yaz had backers because of his last name.  If his last name were Smith, I'm willing to bet you wouldn't have been as adamant about your stance.  

I'll fully admit, his last name got my attention. But he did really well his first few seasons and then the injuries hit. He still showed flashes of his "prospect self," along with his defense being there. Plus, like a few people pointed out, would it have been so bad to see how he did last season (when he was showing what he can do when healthy) instead of giving Andreoli and Gentry all those at bats?

14 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'll fully admit, his last name got my attention. But he did really well his first few seasons and then the injuries hit. He still showed flashes of his "prospect self," along with his defense being there. Plus, like a few people pointed out, would it have been so bad to see how he did last season (when he was showing what he can do when healthy) instead of giving Andreoli and Gentry all those at bats?

Do you think he'd be playing like this if he had been given a chance last season?

I think odds are very good that if he had been given a chance he would have been unimpressive.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

You know why I point out when I am right.  Because he guys give me so much stuff when I take a position and hardly ever say a thing when I turn out to be right.

What do you think goes on here?  We're actually writing this stuff down and taking notes?  Sheesh.  You really take this seriously, don't you?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

What do you think goes on here?  We're actually writing this stuff down and taking notes?  Sheesh.  You really take this seriously, don't you?

I can hardly keep track of my own predictions.

Unless someone says something truly outrageous, like how Cobb's strong second half meant he was tradeable, I just data dump it.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think he'd be playing like this if he had been given a chance last season?

I think odds are very good that if he had been given a chance he would have been unimpressive.

I don't think he would be putting up these numbers (or be getting as much playing time, since he wasn't  a veteran or Mullins,) but I don't think he would have tanked.

But, we will never know.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I don't think he would be putting up these numbers (or be getting as much playing time, since he wasn't  a veteran or Mullins,) but I don't think he would have tanked.

But, we will never know.

I think he would have been a good story, puttered along at replacement level and the same folks complaining now would still be complaining "Why didn't he play that way for us"  "We should have given him more of a chance."

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think he would have been a good story, puttered along at replacement level and the same folks complaining now would still be complaining "Why didn't he play that way for us"  "We should have given him more of a chance."

I mentioned he should have been given a chance last season as a reward for his long time under team control and he kept putting a good effort in and you disagreed with me. You said only the best players should play.  I wasnt predicting he would be great.  Just that he deserved to get to the big leagues with the team in last place.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well, given the state of the outfield this year, would you rather have seen him, or almost all of the players that have been there this season?

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I mentioned he should have been given a chance last season as a reward for his long time under team control and he kept putting a good effort in and you disagreed with me. You said only the best players should play.  I wasnt predicting he would be great.  Just that he deserved to get to the big leagues with the team in last place.

Cool story bro.