Lindor to Mets (Rosario-related)

Yardball85

Good for the Mets and Lindor! I'm rooting for them to take the NL pennant this year.

I'd love it if the Orioles jumped on a premium infielder next offseason (Bryant, Correa, Baez, Story, etc.) to crowbar open our next contending window. I know they'll never do it, but I never thought they'd sign Tejada either. 

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Bummer. I was hoping Elias had a master plan to cut payroll to the bone and then go all out for Lindor. I also wanted him in a walk year situation for my fantasy team. 

This isn't the NBA.  It takes more than 2 All-Stars to win at baseball.

This deal makes me sad.  Not for Lindor, good for him.  Its just that, its increasingly clear to me, that young fans in Baltimore will never have a Cal Ripken Jr to rout for.  Someone who is the best in the sport and spends the majority of their career (realizing no one spends the entire career with one organization anymore) with the Orioles.  Maybe new ownership would change that, but somehow I doubt that it will ever happen again without significant changes to the structure of baseball.

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This deal makes me sad.  Not for Lindor, good for him.  Its just that, its increasingly clear to me, that young fans in Baltimore will never have a Cal Ripken Jr to rout for.  Someone who is the best in the sport and spends the majority of their career (realizing no one spends the entire career with one organization anymore) with the Orioles.  Maybe new ownership would change that, but somehow I doubt that it will ever happen again without significant changes to the structure of baseball.

There is zero reason the Os can’t give out a deal like this.

And when I mean zero, I mean if ownership wants to do it, they can.  

OToH, the better question is why would you want to do it?  Is it only for nostalgia reasons?  

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There is zero reason the Os can’t give out a deal like this.

And when I mean zero, I mean if ownership wants to do it, they can.  

OToH, the better question is why would you want to do it?  Is it only for nostalgia reasons?  

Harvey (Matt) on a 3/15? ?

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if the $340 mm includes 2021, or only begins after that.    

016 22 Cleveland Indians $540,300 0.113    
2017 23 Cleveland Indians $579,300 1.113 contracts  
2018 24 Cleveland Indians $623,200 2.113    
2019 25 Cleveland Indians $10,850,000 3.113 contract  
2020 26 Cleveland Indians $17,500,000 4.113 contract  
2021 27 New York Mets $22,300,000 5.113    
  Earliest Free Agent: 2022

Nothing listed on an extension on the bbref site. 

4 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Sort of an odd reaction to Lindor's deal in that he was just traded from Cleveland after five years and is yet to play a game with the Mets. Hardly the poster child for spending one's career with a single team (or for the majority).

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Nah...this is likely to end up a regrettable contract. 

Any FA contract for a player of proven excellence that part of it is baked in.   I saw Correa was insulted by the Astros offer of the Bogaerts contract (6 x 20) but certainly hope we'll bid for Correa.   I think the Springer (6 x 25) contract maybe a ballpark Over/Under for Correa from here heading toward next offseason; with his notable youth he'll probably look for more years than Springer.

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:
016 22 Cleveland Indians $540,300 0.113    
2017 23 Cleveland Indians $579,300 1.113 contracts  
2018 24 Cleveland Indians $623,200 2.113    
2019 25 Cleveland Indians $10,850,000 3.113 contract  
2020 26 Cleveland Indians $17,500,000 4.113 contract  
2021 27 New York Mets $22,300,000 5.113    
  Earliest Free Agent: 2022

Nothing listed on an extension on the bbref site. 

Looking at Spotrac it appears Lindor's new contract starts in 2022. 

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-mets/francisco-lindor-14113/