Eshelman to Start Spring Opener

rudyrooster

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Aren’t you more interested in seeing the new guys rather than the retreads?

Sure, but my point is every single spring training for every single team is going to feature a LOT of guys fans aren't excited about. Eshelman is a 26 yr old pitcher who put up decent numbers when he was used last season. He doesn't throw hard, but he managed to do his job without melting down. We all know he's not going to put those numbers up over a whole season, but he's still a good player to have around.

Whining about the guy throwing 2 innings in the first of many meaningless games that will definitely feature a boatload of exciting prospects is what I don't understand. It's the same as when people complain about depth signings. You don't actually have to have an opinion on these types of things. They're just procedural things and it's ok to not say anything about them at all. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, interloper said:

Sure, but my point is every single spring training for every single team is going to feature a LOT of guys fans aren't excited about. Eshelman is a 26 yr old pitcher who put up decent numbers when he was used last season. He doesn't throw hard, but he managed to do his job without melting down. We all know he's not going to put those numbers up over a whole season, but he's still a good player to have around.

Whining about the guy throwing 2 innings in the first of many meaningless games that will definitely feature a boatload of exciting prospects is what I don't understand. It's the same as when people complain about depth signings. You don't actually have to have an opinion on these types of things. They're just procedural things and it's ok to not say anything about them at all. 

Oh I understand that, it’s just that I would rather see the exciting guys first. I don’t know what his reasoning is for using Eshelman, but He’s got a minor-league contract and there’s no urgency with him.I’d rather see the rule five guys.