Sanchez DFA’d: Flurry of moves could be just the beginning

eddie83

Just now, scOtt said:

Sounds to me like they'd rather keep 14 pitchers and TWO utility guys instead of only one.

Also sounds like Stevie Wilkerson is optioned (or gone... don't know his contract status.)

Not a big deal. I just like Stevie. Seems like a good guy.

11 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Maybe they’re considering a move of Ruiz or Franco to 2B. 

Ruiz is getting start at 2B today. I don't think he has the foot speed or athleticism to play 2B effectively, but it would increase his value if he can show he can play there and not kill a team. Just makes me wonder why this wasn't tried much earlier if there was even a chance of his playing there. 

I still think Elias brings someone from outside the organization to play second base.

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

Also sounds like Stevie Wilkerson is optioned (or gone... don't know his contract status.)

Not a big deal. I just like Stevie. Seems like a good guy.

God love Steve Wilkerson. There has never been a cockier 4-A player in major league baseball history. :D Still, the one thing he brings is versatility on defense but I think there's enough versatility in the system where his time has come and gone here.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

God love Steve Wilkerson. There has never been a cockier 4-A player in major league baseball history. :D Still, the one thing he brings is versatility on defense but I think there's enough versatility in the system where his time has come and gone here.

Don't gloss over his pitching acumen either. ?