Dean Kremer 2021

Il BuonO

58 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the “Calvary”. Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Wells, and Baumann. We need these guys to produce at some point this season. Hall and GRod are highly regarded, but we don’t know how far they are away. OD 2023?  We need 2-3 of the above to become MLB SPs or we’re not competing. 

I think you are zeroing in on reality.

6 hours ago, Philip said:

We have a lot of guys to go through, some of them aren’t going to make it at all, others will disappoint, a few will succeed. I’m not really that excited about anybody except Wells. I really want to see him, because I dream about Greg Maddux being reborn in Australia.

and Baumann!!!! Where the asterisk is Baumann?

Why do you keep asking this? Did you not pay attention to the offseason when they talked about taking it slow with him?  He ended the year on the IL with an arm Issue.  If he is in the radar for this season, in terms of pitching in the majors, it’s several months away.

7 hours ago, Philip said:

We have a lot of guys to go through, some of them aren’t going to make it at all, others will disappoint, a few will succeed. I’m not really that excited about anybody except Wells. I really want to see him, because I dream about Greg Maddux being reborn in Australia.

and Baumann!!!! Where the asterisk is Baumann?

Reportedly he has been pitching in Sarasota.   

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Reportedly he has been pitching in Sarasota.   

I don't fans have a clue what is going on with Bauman.  Throwing in Sarasota.  What does that mean?  On flat ground?  Soft toss?  Off the mound?   The way this has been going I would not be surprised that he is schedule of TJ surgery.   More info in needed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I don't fans have a clue what is going on with Bauman.  Throwing in Sarasota.  What does that mean?  On flat ground?  Soft toss?  Off the mound?   The way this has been going I would not be surprised that he is schedule of TJ surgery.   More info in needed.

All I know is what Tony reported.   Maybe he knows more about whether Baumann is pitching in games or whatever.   

o

Kremer pitched against the Mariners earlier this season, allowing 4 Runs over 3 Innings Pitched in the process. He totaled 3 Strikeouts and 1 Walk in said outing.

SEATTLE MARINERS )))))) (May 3rd)

Mitchell Haniger - RF

Tyler France - DH

Kyle Seager - 3B

Kyle Lewis - CF

Jose Ramon Marmolejos-Diaz - 1B

Dylan Moore - 2B

John Paul "J.P." Crawford - SS

Thomas James "T.J." Murphy, Jr. - C

Taylor Walter-Lee Trammell - LF

Erik Swanson - RHP )) (0-1, 0.00 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

On 4/29/2021 at 4:14 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

This is the “Calvary”. Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther, Kremer, Wells, and Baumann. We need these guys to produce at some point this season. Hall and GRod are highly regarded, but we don’t know how far they are away. OD 2023?  We need 2-3 of the above to become MLB SPs or we’re not competing. 

Well, as long as none of them are crucified on that hill. As for the cavalry, I’m not fond of that moniker based on past experience, but I’m willing to be convinced.

Zimmerman doesn’t look to be a long term piece.

• Upvote 1

o

Kramer had his best game of the season to-date ...... certainly much better than his previous outing against the Mariners, in Baltimore.

18 OUTS: )  7 Flyouts, 4 Strikeouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Groundout

DEAJUNIOR "D.J." KREMER )))))))) (vs. MARINERS, 5/03) 

IP:l.6

H:llll.2 ) l(1 Home Run, 1 Single)

R:llll 1

BB:ll2

SO:ll4

Pitches: l) 94 )(61)Strikes, )33)Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 86.43 )  21.00 IP  (15 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.619  )  21.00 IP  (34 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .306  )(26 for 85)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

22  l.(13 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

11  lll(81 llStrikes, lll.llBalls)

12  lll(91 llStrikes, llllllBalls)

15  lll(91 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

22  lll(14 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

12  lll(81 lllStrikes, llllllBalls)

o

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:

He’s pitched his ass off tonight.  Offense sucks.

I thought so....I mean the pitching part. 

It’s funny, starting this thread I commented I was most excited about watching him more so than other pitchers and was soon disappointed. However, Big Ben mentioned that his success in the minors is because the curve was a big out pitch for him there, a weapon. He went on to say he hasn’t been landing it and that’s hindered his progress. 

He still struggled with it last night, too, but he looked far more composed out there and it was easily his most complete outing this year. If he can get back to consistent use of the CU as a main piece in his arsenal it’ll make his job easier. He doesn’t throw the change up much, but it looked good last night when he did throw it. We’ll see....but I  still think he can be a serviceable back of the rotation guy.

7 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, as long as none of them are crucified on that hill. As for the cavalry, I’m not fond of that moniker based on past experience, but I’m willing to be convinced.

You mean he's not a horse?

4 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

I thought so....I mean the pitching part. 

It’s funny, starting this thread I commented I was most excited about watching him more so than other pitchers and was soon disappointed. However, Big Ben mentioned that his success in the minors is because the curve was a big out pitch for him there, a weapon. He went on to say he hasn’t been landing it and that’s hindered his progress. 

He still struggled with it last night, too, but he looked far more composed out there and it was easily his most complete outing this year. If he can get back to consistent use of the CU as a main piece in his arsenal it’ll make his job easier. He doesn’t throw the change up much, but it looked good last night when he did throw it. We’ll see....but I  still think he can be a serviceable back of the rotation guy.

The 12-6 CB is a tough pitch to throw for a strike.  It’s usually a pitch you want to appear as a strike and then it drops out of the zone.

The issue for Kremer is that his fastball command hasn’t been good and because of that, players are laying off the curve.

Everything plays off of the fastball.  Commanding that is the #1 most important thing any of these guys can learn this year.

• Upvote 1

I imagine guys like Kremer who don't have overpowering stuff and really have to locate to be effective tend to fare better as the season goes on and they get into their rhythm. Nice start last night. It's a long season so only being one game under .500 at this point doesn't have a ton of meaning. But I can't help but think that if Kremer can dependably settle into the #3 spot, we could make things more interesting than expected this year. There would be a number of decent young guys competing for those last back end slots. Mountcastle is starting to hit. Santander will return soon. And arguably our weakest spots (SP, C, 2B) have some of our best prospects in the upper levels of our system (Hall, Rutschman, Jones). Like I said, it's WAY too early to start thinking like that, but it's opening day in the minors and I can't help myself. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

To quibble, ZimmermanN - ? @sportsfan8703.  Good use of the term - moniKer though!  (do you remember when we all played those word games on here?)

Melewski on K-man's night,

"But Kremer’s outing was otherwise spotless. He went six innings, allowing two hits and one run with two walks and four strikeouts. He threw 94 pitches, including 61 four-seam fastballs that topped at 95 mph. He lowered his ERA to 6.43 in his longest outing of the season, topping his previous best of 4 2/3 innings.

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/05/dean-kremer-throws-strong-outing-but-os-fall-1-0.html

I love it when K-man does the kick when he gets the punch out!  ?

UNLV%20vs%20New%20Mexico%20Day%203%20(17