The second guessing Hyde thread.

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

While it didn’t end up hurting us, I did not understand Hyde pinch hitting for Urias with Ruiz in the bottom of the 7th in Game 1 of the doubleheader, after Urias had homered in his previous AB.   Ruiz walked, so I guess it turned out okay, but I would have given Urias his shot there.  

Yep, especially with Automatic out Galvis on deck. Hyde is infatuated with lefty-righty matchup even if his left-handed hitter sucks.

15 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Hyde starts the 7th with Pluto pitching his third inning?!?! Am I missing something?

If the sole objective was to win the game, it’s highly questionable decision.   But perhaps he just wanted to test Plutko early in the season.

Hyde just gave his rationale on Plutko - he hadn’t allowed a run all year, had just pitched two good innings, and was pitching to the bottom of the order.    Was hoping to save Valdez and possibly for a multi-inning outing tomorrow.  

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I doubt Hyde is getting judged on that.   

You don’t think there’s a certain number of games he needs to win to have his option picked up? If he loses 100 again, you think he comes back next year?

Its not like they picked up his option already. 

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You missed the point. That was irony.

“Just ridiculous. The man hits a two-run homer and because Ruiz bats left-handed, he pinch hits for him when there is an automatic out on deck in Galvis. I'm losing more and more faith in Hyde's game management skills.”

I get the irony it is people complaining about the choice of Rio Ruiz or Ramon Urias?  It’s not pinch hitting Fernando Tatis for Freddy Galvis.  It is two below average major league hitters.  Your just tossing them up there in hope they can get a hit or atleast get on base.