Bedard on the block?

JTrea81

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right...I wish we had Santana and Aybar here right now.

Tejada and his contract off the books for Santana and Aybar...I think I might even do that deal now! Santana would add to young pitching depth and could be turned in a package or turn DCab in a package.

Do you mean established AS players or potential ones?

I would want high minors guy who have consistenly shown they can perform every year. Not a guy who has potential to hit for power. Someone like Evan Longoria or Alex Gordon. I want impact players who you have to account for every game they play

Bedard would command 2 premium prospects, but if you think a 6-10 pitcher who has never been consistent gets you 2 premium prospects you are smoking something. Cabrera does not even get you Loney straight up let alone Loney and another player from the Dodgers.

Folks, remember we are talking about Daniel, not Miguel Cabrera!

Easy there, tough guy, I was referring to Bedard....

Tejada and his contract off the books for Santana and Aybar...I think I might even do that deal now! Santana would add to young pitching depth and could be turned in a package or turn DCab in a package.

Hi Mr. Thrift:)

Hi Mr. Thrift:)

It'd at least be a change from the hopless cycle this franchise seems to be in keeping a core that is never going to win anything intact while adding a player or two via FA every year. This team needs some kind or radical change - this doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

How bout a show of hands.

How many folks think Bedard likes playing in Baltimore and would sign a long term contract to stay.

How many folks think all we see will be Bedards dust after the next two years are completed?

I think he is GONE---see BJ Ryan.

For my 4,000th post, I am going to say:

DONT TRADE BEDARD. HE IS THE FUTURE OF THIS ORGANIZATION. IF MCPHAIL IS LOOKING TO MAKE A WINNER OF THIS TEAM YOU START THAT BY KEEPING THE CORE OF PLAYERS THAT WILL GET YOU THERE.

BEDARD, ROBERTS, MARKAKIS, LOEWEN, PENN. THATS WHO YOU BUILD AROUND.

Are you people really so naive to think that tons of deals get made at the deadline? Look at the past few years....not much going on. So we have 10 other guys to unload for the future. Why unload one of your best in the last 10 years?

Bedard has been my favorite Oriole in the last 3 years so of course this hits home for me. Trade Bedard and we pay. You cant guarantee what you get back. You can guarantee that a healthy Bedard can almost pitch well at will.

Archived