Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

11 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Any highlights?  This is subscriber only.

Weird, I am getting the whole article and I certainly don't subscribe to USA Today (does anyone besides hotels?).

Nothing groundbreaking, it is aimed at an audience who doesn't know who he is. Most interesting part is that he is getting covered by non-baseball press. Only new tidbit to me was this:

As prospects and big leaguers retreated from spring training last March at the outset of the pandemic, Randy Rutschman’s brother shipped a squat rack and bench. The family garage turned into a weight room. A few times a week, Rutschman could link up with local pro players – including the Tampa Bay Rays’ Ryan Thompson – to catch bullpens and take live at-bats.

The weeks in Florida had given his son a blueprint of where he needed to be on the field. Outside the foul lines, the Orioles also made sure their minor leaguers were staying sharp mentally. Players were encouraged to read Stanford psychologist Dr. Carol Dweck’s book "Mindset."

Didn't know the Orioles were focused on mindfulness or whatever. And I hadn't specifically heard what Adley was doing to stay sharp after the shutdown.

.231 / .412 / .442  through 68 PA so far.   Fantastic BB to K ratio of 14 to 18.   Things seem to be tentatively pointing up.  Hopefully between 100 to 150 PA we are ready to agree he belongs in AAA.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Weird, I am getting the whole article and I certainly don't subscribe to USA Today (does anyone besides hotels?).

Nothing groundbreaking, it is aimed at an audience who doesn't know who he is. Most interesting part is that he is getting covered by non-baseball press. Only new tidbit to me was this:

Didn't know the Orioles were focused on mindfulness or whatever. And I hadn't specifically heard what Adley was doing to stay sharp after the shutdown.

I believe it was Patrick Dorrian who was interviewed on 105.7 earlier this week and he talked about this a good bit. Sounded like he was a fan of the program/focus. 

7 hours ago, Aglets said:

.231 / .412 / .442  through 68 PA so far.   Fantastic BB to K ratio of 14 to 18.   Things seem to be tentatively pointing up.  Hopefully between 100 to 150 PA we are ready to agree he belongs in AAA.

The only thing you could ask if for a higher average.  He's looking like advertised.