2022 early look top prospects

1 minute ago, DocJJ said:

I forgot we have 2 other top 40 picks.  We might have to take someone a bit underslot to afford them all....   That would steer me more toward one of the top college guys...

Or, you know, pay them slot....

You don't see a ton of guys going in rounds 1-2 getting overslot deals.

1 hour ago, Hazmat said:

You think Cedric and Termarr have the same body type?

Yea, they don’t. It looks like Termarr is gonna have to work to keep his weight down as he’s 17 and already built like an NFL running back. Whereas I imagine Cedric has to work to keep his weight up.

14 hours ago, joelala said:

Yea, they don’t. It looks like Termarr is gonna have to work to keep his weight down as he’s 17 and already built like an NFL running back. Whereas I imagine Cedric has to work to keep his weight up.

Cedric Mullins is listed at 5'8 175

Termarr Johnson is listed at 5'8 180.

Obviously, this may not be accurate- he definitely looks stockier in the pictures, I'd agree...

17 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Obviously, this may not be accurate- he definitely looks stockier in the pictures, I'd agree...

If mullins's number hasn't been updated since the draft, that's still him as a 20-y.o.

Johnson's number is as a 17-y.o.

Very much a non-negligible difference

1 hour ago, DocJJ said:

This is a good video to see more of Termarr.  He's got some big meaty thighs and little calves.  He also carries weight in his upper body around his mid-section.  Just strikes me as someone that will be predisposed to being heavier and never super lean or athletic.  Now, maybe that's not super important in baseball, but for a potential 1-1 pick?  I'd prefer some great athleticism to fall back on.

Best pure hitter in the draft per Jim Callis is LSU 3B Sophomore Jacob Berry.  Here is a write up by D1Baseball.

The leader of this trio and our No. 1 overall prospect is Jacob Berry (LSU), who slashed .352/.439/.676 as a true freshman at Arizona last spring. Berry also raked his way through the USA Collegiate National Team’s summer schedule with a .387/475/.871 slash, showing a polished approach with big-time power from both sides of the plate. A switch-hitter, Berry is similar to Bobby Bonilla in that he’s a threat to hit for both average and power from both sides of the plate. Spencer Torkelson went 1-1 as a first baseman in 2020 and with another big season at the plate, Berry could as well.”

12 hours ago, WI O’s Fan said:

Best pure hitter in the draft per Jim Callis is LSU 3B Sophomore Jacob Berry.  Here is a write up by D1Baseball.

The leader of this trio and our No. 1 overall prospect is Jacob Berry (LSU), who slashed .352/.439/.676 as a true freshman at Arizona last spring. Berry also raked his way through the USA Collegiate National Team’s summer schedule with a .387/475/.871 slash, showing a polished approach with big-time power from both sides of the plate. A switch-hitter, Berry is similar to Bobby Bonilla in that he’s a threat to hit for both average and power from both sides of the plate. Spencer Torkelson went 1-1 as a first baseman in 2020 and with another big season at the plate, Berry could as well.

Does this mean Berry doesn't project to be a 3B?