2022 early look top prospects

Interesting read:

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/GA/2022-Overall-Rankings-Updated-8154279360

Termarr Johnson the new #1 on this report.  Elijah Green, who was #2, did not fare as well this summer.  In high level tournament play, Johnson was 14 for 34 for .411 average while Green was 16 for 59 which is .249 average with 26 K's....

Green may have tools galore, but the contact rate really concerns me...    I'm moving him down my list and am now in on Termarr Johnson.   He's probably a 2nd baseman going forward, but I'm ok with that.

1 hour ago, DocJJ said:

Interesting read:

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/news/GA/2022-Overall-Rankings-Updated-8154279360

Termarr Johnson the new #1 on this report.  Elijah Green, who was #2, did not fare as well this summer.  In high level tournament play, Johnson was 14 for 34 for .411 average while Green was 16 for 59 which is .249 average with 26 K's....

Green may have tools galore, but the contact rate really concerns me...    I'm moving him down my list and am now in on Termarr Johnson.   He's probably a 2nd baseman going forward, but I'm ok with that.

I wonder if Johnson could move quickly for a high schooler. That write up is quite nice, and physically he looks like a major leaguer already. I’m a fan. 

3 hours ago, joelala said:

I wonder if Johnson could move quickly for a high schooler. That write up is quite nice, and physically he looks like a major leaguer already. I’m a fan. 

Best HS bat in the draft, and most experts feel one of the best HS bats in a very long time.   Green has by far superior tools, and will be an elite outfielder, but Johnson is the better hitter with much better contact ability.   I love the idea....  I'm not sure he'd go much under slot, though...

Just now, DocJJ said:

Best HS bat in the draft, and most experts feel one of the best HS bats in a very long time.   Green has by far superior tools, and will be an elite outfielder, but Johnson is the better hitter with much better contact ability.   I love the idea....  I'm not sure he'd go much under slot, though...

I've watched him a ton...  dare I say shades of Tony Gwynn?   But with more power!

1 hour ago, DocJJ said:

If he is in a class of his own a la Adley was, let’s hope under slot isn’t a concern. I’m extremely excited to watch amateur ball this spring. 

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

Adley was $6-700 k underslot IIRC.

Ah ok yea I don’t think we’d get any such discount with Termarr. Wonder why Adley was willing to go under slot as a junior and potentially the best draft prospect in a decade. 

On 12/4/2021 at 8:13 PM, Paul in Virginia said:

2022 MLB Draft - Top 200 Prospects — Prospects Live

I posted this a month ago.  Check out his swing at No. 7.

Does it depend how he profiles defensively?  If he's 2B or 3B, that's a harder sell as #1, very easy sell if he can stick at SS.  I like Dru Jones for his profile of his dad pretty much, maybe with more speed.

22 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Does it depend how he profiles defensively?  If he's 2B or 3B, that's a harder sell as #1, very easy sell if he can stick at SS.  I like Dru Jones for his profile of his dad pretty much, maybe with more speed.

I'm not a fan of Termarr's body type.  I think his bat would have to be pretty incredible to be considered for the first pick.  

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

It seems like there’s nobody even worthy of 1:1 this year. Maybe someone stands out in the spring, but I’m thinking there’s a great chance we see an under slot signing to give us a lot of money to spend on our other two Top 40 picks. 

IF  Termarr is actually a full grade ahead of everyone else in the draft class you have your worthy of a 1:1.  No way I give up a full grade to go underslot.