Is this team bad enough for the number 1 pick?

Greenpastures23

17 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Good luck with that. This year’s draft is make or break for me regarding Elias.

You're such a rational poster, I'm surprised you'd make or break Ellias based off a draft when none of the players he's drafted have had a chance to prove themselves yet.  That seems very unlike you.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're such a rational poster, I'm surprised you'd make or break Ellias based off a draft when none of the players he's drafted have had a chance to prove themselves yet.  That seems very unlike you.  

I mean it is kinda his fault that Adley hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

4 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I agree we shoulda spent 40 million on this years roster so we could win 78 games. 

Please find me some example of me advocating signing 40 million worth of talent to add to this roster.  Heck find me an example of me wanting to add 10 million worth of talent to this roster. 

11 hours ago, DocJJ said:

Good news.   We can get any of the 1st three picks and be in good shape.  Elijah Greene, Termarr Johnson, Jace Jung.   I'm good with any of them.

I love Jace Jung and would love to get him with the second pick next year. Is he eligible next year as a SO? 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I mean it is kinda his fault that Adley hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

While you may think Adley should be at the show, only two players have debuted from his draft class to date, Vaughn and Manoah. So it's not as though he's immensely behind schedule or an insane outlier.

6 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

While you may think Adley should be at the show, only two players have debuted from his draft class to date, Vaughn and Manoah. So it's not as though he's immensely behind schedule or an insane outlier.

He was also the 1-1 in the draft and a college player.

53 minutes ago, osravensfan78 said:

I love Jace Jung and would love to get him with the second pick next year. Is he eligible next year as a SO? 

?? He played the '20 season at Tech and the '21 season. Next year he will play his third season before the '22 draft.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Please find me some example of me advocating signing 40 million worth of talent to add to this roster.  Heck find me an example of me wanting to add 10 million worth of talent to this roster. 

CoC, you very frequently complain Ownership won't spend, you also seem to think they also won't spend by slow rolling brining up minor leaguers to qualify for ML minimum...but honestly, I thought by saying 40 MM you would realize I was just picking on you.  But no worries.  Down vote away.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Why does the latest mock have us taking another catcher?

The mocks have been all over the place.  If Davis is the pick, it's because he's seen as the best player available.  He is the consensus top college bat and should be able to play in LF or 1B.  It's not clear that he sticks at C.