Saturday June 12: Orioles try to end 13 game road losing streak

SteveA

1 minute ago, Philip said:

There’s not a lot of data, but based on available stats, Mountcastle is minus 5 OAA in Left field. DJis  minus 1. DJ is minus 2 in Right so like I Said, he’s Not the Second Coming, but he’s superior to MC.

Mountcastle is plus 1 OAA at first, BTW, so why not just leave him there?

One word: bullshit. Stewart is Jeff Stone bad.

Just now, Beef Supreme said:

One word: bullshit. Stewart is Jeff Stone bad.

Ok no worries. I want MC at first and I’d actually prefer Stewart in Seattle or another elsewhere. But as long as he’s here I want him in the OF over Mountcastle.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Ok no worries. I want MC at first and I’d actually prefer Stewart in Seattle or another elsewhere. But as long as he’s here I want him in the OF over Mountcastle.

I don't want DJ anywhere on the field for the Orioles. When they drafted him, I said to myself, "Oh great -- another DH." I had no idea how right I was at the time. But that is the exact extent of his value.

True, I would prefer Santander defensively to MC.

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Besides Adley... is Wynns the best defensive catcher we have?

I've heard good things about Maverick Handley's defense.

I'd say Wynns is the best defensive C we have had in the majors in the last couple years.

3 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I don't want DJ anywhere on the field for the Orioles. When they drafted him, I said to myself, "Oh great -- another DH." I had no idea how right I was at the time. But that is the exact extent of his value.

True, I would prefer Santander defensively to MC.

Oh I agree with you completely, on both counts, although I thought exactly the same about Mountcastle because immediately after he was drafted as a shortstop everybody was saying, “he probably won’t stay at short.“

But as long as we got the guys, that’s how I like to play them. I’m hoping that we can trade Stewart but it’s more likely to trade Santander