Astros-Orioles tonight

Explosivo

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It doesn't take ANY #1 picks to fix it.

Ok Corn, Oops, I mean SG.

Of course it doesn't.

They could sign some better players, but wait, that isn't happening either.

So in the meantime, lets put a crappy roster together and let them play, and we keep telling the fans, we are in it for the long haul and bring up the bottom up, that should buy us, another 3 years .

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Ok Corn, Oops, I mean SG.

Of course it doesn't.

They could sign some better players, but wait, that isn't happening either.

So in the meantime, lets put a crappy roster together and let them play, and we keep telling the fans, we are in it for the long haul and bring up the bottom up, that should buy us, another 3 years .

This is brilliantly said.  Its almost as if every team in ML history has won solely because of top 5 picks.  Surely, there is evidence that backs that up, right?

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Show me evidence that this team has signed and brought in major league off the FA market, or traded to get somebody.

Andy and the DD built a winning team by trades, internally and finding diamonds in the ruff.

Tell me what Elias has done.

First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with your point about needing #1 overall picks.  

Secondly, Elias has made several solid trades and brought in a few good draft classes.  He hasn't been allowed to spend in FA as of yet.

2 hours ago, Explosivo said:

I’ll be at the game with my paw. Lord grant us strength! Big Tom vs Greinke, can we pull off the miracle of miracles? It’d be neat to see!

We aren't any bigger an underdog than we were when Asher Wojciechowski faced Justin Verlander in August of 2019:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL201908110.shtml

Anything can happen!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with your point about needing #1 overall picks.  

Secondly, Elias has made several solid trades and brought in a few good draft classes.  He hasn't been allowed to spend in FA as of yet.

Or, hasn’t chosen to.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Reverse jinx!

Thanks brotha. We will be seated in section 111 behind the O’s dugout 6 rows back. Look for my dad wearing his Mancini jersey. I got it for him as they both fought and beat the crap out of colon cancer.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

Thanks brotha. We will be seated in section 111 behind the O’s dugout 6 rows back. Look for my dad wearing his Mancini jersey. I got it for him as they both fought and beat the crap out of colon cancer.

Awesome man.  Enjoy the game.  Maybe you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.  

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Show me evidence that this team has signed and brought in major league off the FA market, or traded to get somebody.

Andy and the DD built a winning team by trades, internally and finding diamonds in the ruff.

Tell me what Elias has done.

Multiple high draft picks sure can help when you're putting together a team. But has been pointed out, this isn't the NFL or the NBA, where one or two draft picks can turn a team around.

So far, Elias has been trying to build the team through draft picks (those he inherited and those he's made) and other teams' castoffs. (The Orioles' international signings, even if successful, are to going to contribute for at least a few more years.) That's a good start, but will it be enough to compete with teams that have multiple sources of inflowing talent, even though their draft picks are lower? I really doubt it.

What a game! What a win! Can’t believe it happened! If you look closely at the highlights, I’m the fella with a black shirt and white Orioles cap on. Pretty amazing seats and a pretty amazing experience to see it with my dad. Much love O’s fans. The best is yet to come for us as well!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1