FCL happenings

Frobby

1 minute ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I do wonder about the motivation for the Deson's promotion. The outfield is already overcrowded at Delmarva and just a few weeks left in the season.

Has to be a corresponding move. It’s time to push Cowser. Maybe even to Bowie to replace Stowers. C’mon Elias give the hardcore fans something to root for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Has to be a corresponding move. It’s time to push Cowser. Maybe even to Bowie to replace Stowers. C’mon Elias give the hardcore fans something to root for. 

Mason Janvrin to Aberdeen. 

6 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I do wonder about the motivation for the Deson's promotion. The outfield is already overcrowded at Delmarva and just a few weeks left in the season.

Maybe just to get his some everyday PAs or as a reward since playing in the FCL during the day in Florida is not exactly super fun. Also, they may want him to play in some cooler weather since he's probably never really played in cool weather before. most likely.

I do think they should move Cowser to Aberdeen. Pretty crowded OF in Delmarva.

56 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

By the way, Luis Gonzalez, 18, one of our higher profile Latin signings has had a mostly disappointing season in the FCL this year.  Today he had his best game of the year with a 3-4, his second homer, a walk, and no strikeouts.  

Let's hope this is the beginning of a hot streak because he was a pretty big disappointment this year.

I’d like to see OF Trendon Craig get a look in Delmarva. 21. Our 20th rd pick from this year’s draft. I guess there’s only so many spots in Delmarva which has a trickle up effect with the other teams. 

http://m.milb.com/player/702042

We need another full season club for all these darn OFs.  I don’t know who’d pitch there  I guess we could always make a trade with the Angels. 

Davis Tavares is already 22 and probably not really a prospect sitting in the FCL, but he is on some kind of a heater: in the last 5 games he’s gone 16 for 23 with 4 doubles and a homer, raising his BA from .278 to .363 and his OPS from .720 to .921.   Today he went 4 for 5 with a homer, 4 runs scored and 3 RBI to lead Orioles Orange to a 15-8 win over the FCL Twins.  

On 9/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, RZNJ said:

By the way, Luis Gonzalez, 18, one of our higher profile Latin signings has had a mostly disappointing season in the FCL this year.  Today he had his best game of the year with a 3-4, his second homer, a walk, and no strikeouts.  

And he follows that up with 3 strikeout in 3 times up while teammate Moises Ramirez continues to rake.     There are some doubts creeping in about Luis Gonzalez.   Meanwhile, Isaac Bellony, the 19 year old (Gonzalez is only 18) has come on really well now has his OPS right around .800.   Another candidate to play at Delmarva next year but it will be next to impossible to start the season there.

Greg Cullen, the 24 yo 2B-3B is on rehab there.  He had some pretty nice numbers at Bowie.  He's a little like a LH version of Rylan Bannon.

Davis Tavarez, the 22 yo outfielder who survived the cuts that got Kehe and Craig Lewis, was instead demoted from Delmarva back down to GCL.   He had a huge game today and has his OPS over .900 now but I'm not sure what, if any, kind of future he has in the organization.

Thursday is the last day of the season for Orioles Black and Orange.  Lots of fun this Summer checking these box scores.

Several outfield prospects on each team and a stud 3rd baseman on each team.  Pinto and Rangel for the pitchers on the Black.  Better hitters than pitchers, overall I thought

They were scheduled to play each other Friday and Saturday and they've already cancelled.  

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Thursday is the last day of the season for Orioles Black and Orange.  Lots of fun this Summer checking these box scores.

Several outfield prospects on each team and a stud 3rd baseman on each team.  Pinto and Rangel for the pitchers on the Black.  Better hitters than pitchers, overall I thought

They were scheduled to play each other Friday and Saturday and they've already cancelled.  

Thanks for your commentary over the last few months, it’s been very helpful.  

10 hours ago, waynebug said:

I appreciate that.  I do love short season baseball.  I really miss the Appalachian League.  

I used to ride over to Burlington NC to see the Baby Orioles and the Baby Braves when they came to town.  Burlington.was affiliated with the Indians.

I agree with Frobby.

Your posts have been great to read with the little access we have to going ons at the FCL.  Appreciate your contributions.  Always look forward to your input.

Well both teams CANCELLED. 

The FCL season is over.  Hopefully next year there won't be so many unexplained cancellations.

Reinforcements from the DSL will hopefully increase the competitiveness of the teams.  I would also expect A LOT of returning players with more experience.

• Thanks 2