Wednesday: Orioles end 20-game-in-20-day stretch, and the month of June, and reach season midpoint in Houston

SteveA

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I am curious to see how bad Harvey is. If he doesn't have a decent start soon, got to dump him or send him to the pen to see whether he can help out there.

Last start vs Toronto wasn't too bad 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

There's really not, but I'd rather see a guy like Lowther in the rotation.  I don't think he's a great option but at least there's some more upside there.

Stop it. Lowther can’t handle the mop up role at the MLB level. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sink or swim time, hombre.

Harvey can't handle the starting role at the MLB level either...so, stalemate.  

Yeah Harvey sucks but Lowther’s ERA is more than doubled. 

More importantly I don’t give a shit about Harvey’s development. Lowther isn’t ready to pitch at this level. He can’t get people out at AAA. He has to get right if he’s ever going to have a chance. He’s not there yet. 

Just now, waroriole said:

Yeah Harvey sucks but Lowther’s ERA is more than doubled. 

More importantly I don’t give a shit about Harvey’s development. Lowther isn’t ready to pitch at this level. He can’t get people out at AAA. He has to get right if he’s ever going to have a chance. He’s not there yet. 

I don't really care about Harvey's development, either.  There's not much that he can do to right the ship, IMO...any stretch of good outings from him will be met with skepticism, waiting for the other shoe to drop.  

Lowther might not be ready to pitch at this level but I don't believe he's got too much to prove in the minors, either...at least headed into this season.  He seems to have been struggling in AAA lately....I'm not sure if his brief exposure to the majors scared him.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't really care about Harvey's development, either.  There's not much that he can do to right the ship, IMO...any stretch of good outings from him will be met with skepticism, waiting for the other shoe to drop.  

Lowther might not be ready to pitch at this level but I don't believe he's got too much to prove in the minors, either...at least headed into this season.  He seems to have been struggling in AAA lately....I'm not sure if his brief exposure to the majors scared him.

He’s done a good job at A and AA but he hasn’t shown anything to think he can get ML hitters out now. To me he seems like a guy who was able to fool low level Minor league guys. But I don’t think he has the stuff to compete at the ML level without precision location. 

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

He’s done a good job at A and AA but he hasn’t shown anything to think he can get ML hitters out now. To me he seems like a guy who was able to fool low level Minor league guys. But I don’t think he has the stuff to compete at the ML level without precision location. 

Yep, we're in agreement.  I don't think he has the stuff, either.  But I think he deserves to prove us correct at some point.

Yep, this looks like the inning where it all falls apart for Harvey.  It was inevitable.

With Harvey and Lopez, you've got two guys who can probably give you 4 innings, each.  It's a shame the bullpen is overtaxed already because you might be able to win some games with this approach.  But right now the starters need to be able to go 6+.