Will Jahmai Jones be called up?

wildcard

30 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

They should have called up Jones a couple weeks ago even when Franco was healthy. 

I’m fine with him being called up but there are reasons why players like him are at AAA to begin with. If he was a solid bat with a good glove the Angels don’t trade him. 

That doesn’t mean he can’t be productive. Always possible. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Wilkerson, the King of the up-and-down guys, but I am quite excited to see Jones, despite the comments about his defense. I’d like to see Bannon, too, though, and I wonder if that is in the plans?

Bannon is just returning from an injury and he had a .545 OPS at Norfolk before he got hurt.   

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Excited for middling prospects!  Can't wait to see Jahmai Jones! 

John Means was a middling prospect once.   Justin Turner.   Mike Yastrzemski wasn’t even considered a prospect at all, really.   It’s baseball, so you never know what you think you know.  

Just now, Frobby said:

John Means was a middling prospect once.   Justin Turner.   Mike Yastrzemski wasn’t even considered a prospect at all, really.   It’s baseball, so you never know what you think you know.  

Froberto Baggio, you're right.  You're always right.

And I was just as excited for John Means, Justin Turner and Little Yaz as I am for Jahmai Jones.  I'd love to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

And I was just as excited for John Means, Justin Turner and Little Yaz as I am for Jahmai Jones.  I'd love to be wrong.

It’s fun to be wrong when it’s in that direction.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

To be fair, you don't think any top prospect is going to be good either.  

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Bannon is just returning from an injury and he had a .545 OPS at Norfolk before he got hurt.   

Yeah I understand that, but as Moose suggested right above us, if we can’t be excited for the elites, let’s be excited for the middling’

4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I’m fine with him being called up but there are reasons why players like him are at AAA to begin with. If he was a solid bat with a good glove the Angels don’t trade him. 

That doesn’t mean he can’t be productive. Always possible. 

I didn't say I think he will be great. Just hoping better than Franco and that is admittedly not a sure thing.