What do you want to see in the 2nd half?

Moose Milligan

• I want Pedro Severino to be gone or at least not the starting catcher anymore. I know AR is unlikely to be called up, but please stop starting Severino five times a week.
  • I want to see more of Tyler Wells.
  • Cesar Valdez it's time to DFA him and use the opportunity to call up Marcos Diplan.
  • I want to see Jahmai Jones called up from Norfolk.
  • Upvote 2

I want to see:

• the rotation improve with Means and Zimmermann coming back.
  • Kremer get it together somehow, whether that's starting or in the bullpen. Same goes for Lowther and Akin. Just find a way to be average and usable. 
  • Adley not just play consistently well at AA but start demolishing the league and force a promotion to AAA before the end of the season. 
  • Mountcastle continue to look more like the guy in June than the guy in May.
  • Hays stay healthy and put up a decent half.
  • Jones come up and finally force out Valaika.
  • Leyba. He's been much more enjoyable to watch than Franco and IMO has had some really nice ABs. 
  • Wells continue to get save/late inning chances because big dog gotta eat. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:
  • I want Pedro Severino to be gone or at least not the starting catcher anymore. I know AR is unlikely to be called up, but please stop starting Severino five times a week.
  • I want to see more of Tyler Wells.
  • Cesar Valdez it's time to DFA him and use the opportunity to call up Marcos Diplan.
  • I want to see Jahmai Jones called up from Norfolk.

All very reasonable, IMO.  

Some of these I want to see happen now and others at some point in the next month or so:

Adley and Bradish in the majors. I want to see Diaz get some ML time as well.  Jones as well.

Kremer, Lowther  and Wells back up for good.

GRod in AAA..Hall as well, when he gets healthy.

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

I want to see:

• the rotation improve with Means and Zimmermann coming back.
  • Kremer get it together somehow, whether that's starting or in the bullpen. Same goes for Lowther and Akin. Just find a way to be average and usable. 
  • Adley not just play consistently well at AA but start demolishing the league and force a promotion to AAA before the end of the season. 
  • Mountcastle continue to look more like the guy in June than the guy in May.
  • Hays stay healthy and put up a decent half.
  • Jones come up and finally force out Valaika.
  • Leyba. He's been much more enjoyable to watch than Franco and IMO has had some really nice ABs. 
  • Wells continue to get save/late inning chances because big dog gotta eat. 

I really would like to see Hays remain healthy and break his pattern of constant trips to the injured list. Hays is talented enough to be a starting RF for the next fives years, but not if he's going to play 100 games or less every season. 

I'm wondering if they bring up AR with an eye towards next year and rookie eligibility.  Now I think it'd be dumb for them to do this, but I don't think they'd waste his rookie eligibility this year with half a season left,  too far behind to rack up stats to win ROY.  I do believe they think about things like this...Mountcastle fell a few ABs short last year, I think they'd have sat him so he'd have a chance at it this year.  

I think there's a decent chance AR gets 100 at bats or so in Baltimore later this summer.  

• Upvote 1

A lot of us want the same promotions.   And I agree.   I want to see Adley in Norfolk, and Grayson Rodriguez as well.   (It's especially important for pitchers, because with AAA using the major league ball and AA not, I would not expect a pitcher to come to Baltimore without spending at least a month in AAA).   And in general, if someone, pitcher or hitter, gets to AAA this year and has a good month+, that might hasten their arrival in Baltimore next spring.

I want Lowther and Kremer to get regular, every-five-day work in the Norfolk rotation, and see how they can perform.  

Obviously want to see Means and Zimmerman back in the rotation.   Lopez in the bullpen when one of them comes back.   I'd keep Eshelman over Harvey if it comes down to one or the other.  

Let's give Gutierrez a good long look at 3B.   He obviously is very good defensively, what an arm.   He probably can't hit worth a damn but Franco didn't set a very high bar there.   I'm in no hurry whatsoever to see Franco come off the IL.

Jahmai Jones... let's give him a shot in the majors too.   Agree with letting Valdez go and giving Diplan a look.  

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Let's give Gutierrez a good long look at 3B.   He obviously is very good defensively, what an arm.   He probably can't hit worth a damn but Franco didn't set a very high bar there.   I'm in no hurry whatsoever to see Franco come off the IL.

Strong agree on giving Gutierrez a long look at 3B with Franco out. Gutierrez at least can offer up quality defense even if he isn't going to hit. And Franco's only real value as a 3B is when he has a decent offensive season for a 3B. 

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Strong agree on giving Gutierrez a long look at 3B with Franco out. Gutierrez at least can offer up quality defense even if he isn't going to hit. And Franco's only real value as a 3B is when he has a decent offensive season for a 3B. 

While I kind of prefer Leyba, I have to admit Gutierrez sure looks the part. Tall, but not lanky, just looks strong. You really notice it when he's at the plate. Give me him at 3B and Leyba at 2B until Jones is up. Valaika has absolutely got to go when Franco is off the IL. 

73-0.

Also, I’d like to see Hays stay healthy the entire second half.   

I’d like to see Rutschman and Rodriguez promoted to Norfolk by the end of the month.   

I’d like to see more of Lowther and A. Wells in the majors.   

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

While I kind of prefer Leyba, I have to admit Gutierrez sure looks the part. Tall, but not lanky, just looks strong. You really notice it when he's at the plate. Give me him at 3B and Leyba at 2B until Jones is up. Valaika has absolutely got to go when Franco is off the IL. 

Leyba would be ok with me too at 3B or 2B.