Tuesday July 20: Os vs Rays on YouTube

Frobby

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Dusten Knight for one. Not sure whether his slow curveball will work at the major league level but he's throwin 92-95 and probably deserves a shot over Anderson, 

I think they bring up the Jannis's, Wade's, Anderson's, Wilkerson's, and Watkins' ahead of guys who might have a future because as soon as they fail they can DFA them off the roster and either they won't get claimed or it won't be a great loss if they are claimed.  Same for Leyva and Gutierrez.

Anyone they think has a future won't be added to the 40 man this year, unless maybe they are someone who has to be added to protect from Rule V this off-season.

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

Which one?

Well, TBH, any of them, but specifically, any of them? But if you forced me to pick, I’d choose any of them?

We claimed Anderson off waivers from the third worst team in MLB, added him to the 40-man immediately and brought him up five days later. Why? He has an awful record, a 2.33 WHIP, a 10+ ERA, a .343 opponents average.

so yeah. Anybody.

10 hours ago, SteveA said:

I think they bring up the Jannis's, Wade's, Anderson's, Wilkerson's, and Watkins' ahead of guys who might have a future because as soon as they fail they can DFA them off the roster and either they won't get claimed or it won't be a great loss if they are claimed.  Same for Leyva and Gutierrez.

Anyone they think has a future won't be added to the 40 man this year, unless maybe they are someone who has to be added to protect from Rule V this off-season.

At 31 years old, Mr. Knight belongs in that category until he doesn't. 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:14 PM, Il BuonO said:

I’ll tell you what, I already like Melanie Newman better than Kevin Brown. She doesn’t sound as monotone tonight. Maybe someone gave her some notes.

The last time I heard Melanie do play-by-play was during spring training. She sounded much more engaged last night and was greatly improved. As for Sarah Langs, she knows her stats but her constant use of the words "Absolutely" and "Definitely" got a bit irritating after a while.

Edited by rm5678

23 hours ago, SteveA said:

I know that when the Rays had Nate Lowe and Brandon Lowe, that one was prounced to rhyme with "no" and one was prounced to rhyme with "cow".  Hell if I can remember which was which.  But I'll give Melanie the benefit of the doubt on this one and assume she got it right.

Brandon Lowe rhymes with "how" and "now." Nate Lowe (no longer on the Rays) rhymes with "low."