The AFL Thread 2021

Frobby

Season starts today!    The O’s players (Bishop, Gillaspie, Loeprich, Vespi, Rodriguez, Cullen, Diaz and Stowers), are on the Mesa Solar Sox, who face off against the Surprise Saugaros today at 12:35 pm local time, which is 3:35 pm EDT.   Set your alarms!

Incidentally, most of Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time all year.   So, when we set our clocks back an hour on Nov. 7, the time difference with Arizona will be two hours, not three as it is right now.   Important for GameDay followers to know!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Season starts today!    The O’s players (Bishop, Gillaspie, Loeprich, Vespi, Rodriguez, Cullen and Stowers), are on the Mesa Solar Sox, who face off against the Surprise Saugaros today at 12:35 pm local time, which is 3:35 pm EDT.   Set your alarms!

Incidentally, most of Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time all year.   So, when we set our clocks back an hour on Nov. 7, the time difference with Arizona will be two hours, not three as it is right now.   Important for GameDay followers to know!

Saguaros ?.  Imma set my alarm!  @Luke-OH's boy Nick Vespi gonna shine!

b3a7c266388fbdeb8b240ea664bb10c7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cullen is a guy who is a total unknown to me. He has a pretty impressive ability to draw walks. Another thing that stands out...other than Kyle Stowers,  every AFL participant is Rule V eligible this year. So it seems we're using it more to get one last look at guys before we expose them, than we are to develop prospects. Diaz may be an exception to that though.....they may be just wanting him to get at bats having missed so much of the year. But he is Rule V eligible.

10 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Cullen is a guy who is a total unknown to me. He has a pretty impressive ability to draw walks. Another thing that stands out...other than Kyle Stowers,  every AFL participant is Rule V eligible this year. So it seems we're using it more to get one last look at guys before we expose them, than we are to develop prospects. Diaz may be an exception to that though.....they may be just wanting him to get at bats having missed so much of the year. But he is Rule V eligible.

Diaz is not Rule 5 eligible. He is already on the 40-man roster.

Gillispie is also not Rule 5 eligible. He will be Rule 5 eligible after next season.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Cullen was the guy we got to complete the Tommy Milone trade. He also only got about 150ish PA due to injuries. He had 31BB to 30K across three levels. He’s 24. It seems like he’s fighting to stay in the org as a utility guy at Bowie. The IF in Norfolk and Bowie is pretty crowded. 

Doesn't seem like there's any chance we'd protect him, but I hope we keep him. I have no idea how his fielding is, but he really does have an impressive ability to draw walks. 

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Does someone have a link?  I can only find the 2019 AFL stuff. Thanks in advance. 

https://www.mlb.com/arizona-fall-league

Click on scores to see today's score, click on our (Solar Sox) game to see a linescore, click on the little "box" button to see a box score (seemed to take several clicks to make it work.   But my post 2 scores above gives you all the Oriole related information from the box score).

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1