Kriske released

Sports Guy

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Which could be true, but can you look at Kriske's stuff and Harvey's stuff and tell me why anyone would keep Kriske over Harvey, even with the injury history of Harvey? I don't have a huge issue with DFaing Harvey, but I would have done it during a time when it was the best chance to sneak him through waivers.

Personally, i think they got made at him for saying what he said about getting hurt in rehab. Now grant it, the guy could break his own back stepping on a crack, but I wouldn't mind having him in the organization in the off chance he stays healthy. 

Really, neither of these guys will be pitching regularly for a contending team in the major leaguers.

Pop and Harvey are the only two Elias moves that I don’t like. 

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't like them getting rid of Thorne and Brocail.

What makes you think Thorne was an Elias move?   I doubt he had anything to do with that.   It’s not a Baseball Operations move and probably doesn’t affect his budget at all.   I’ll concede Brocail was probably Elias (Hyde may have had some say in it).

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What makes you think Thorne was an Elias move?   I doubt he had anything to do with that.   It’s not a Baseball Operations move and probably doesn’t affect his budget at all.   I’ll concede Brocail was probably Elias (Hyde may have had some say in it).

He's the Executive Vice President. 

Unless I'm told otherwise I'm going to assume it falls under his purview. 

Harvey got claimed by the Giants so it isn’t like Elias was insane in thinking he would get through waivers unclaimed.  He went through the entire league with no claim until the Giants who were the very last team to have a chance to claim him.  29 other teams didn’t think he was worth a major league roster spot either.