O's still in 3 way dance

bigbird

Here we go again over valueing our players!! Come on Markakis for Kemp and Kershaw, that's funny!!

:rolleyes:

We do over evaluate our guys, however this is not one of those times. Kemp is a good player, but I do not consider Markakis his equal. I actually think Markakis and Penn/Olson for Kershaw and Kemp would be a fair trade. It's easy to find value in a guy who could easily win an MVP award or two in the next 7 years. He is likely the best right fielder in all of baseball. He is the best fielder and has stats that are similar to those big sluggers that they put in right.

If the Orioles were to let go of Markakis tomorrow he would have a 6 year $80 Million deal before the end of the winter meetings. We tend to want prospects that have high upside, Markakis is what happens when a prospect with high upside put it all together. Markakis is that good.

He isn't overvaluing anything...He is saying that someone would have to totally blow him away for him to consider trading Markakis.

Thanks guys. Good posts from both of you. Rep to you both. :)

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it is. It's getting real old. I hope the mods start to get rid of some of the bad apples!

Hey Belkast, Do you think the Burnett deal hinges on future deals for what the Orioles do this offseason?

Meaning, if we do land Burnett, we will get more aggressive in the offseason, and if we don't, we go more passive and more long term thinking than short term win now?

The Yard had a lot less empty seats then, genius.

The only time the Orioles had a payroll over $90 mil was in 2007, when attendance was 2.1 million. Still think there was a lot less empty seats then? It's bad enough to go popping off out the mouth when you've got your facts straight, but in your case, you're doubly wrong.

Fortunately, they tend to disappear after 500 posts. :D

You know we love ya, bigbird. Just ignore the jerks. :)

He does. Trust me, we have been knocked around pretty good over the years. You start to get use to it. I just can't stand people being disrespectful!!:angryfire:

Hey Belkast, Do you think the Burnett deal hinges on future deals for what the Orioles do this offseason?

Meaning, if we do land Burnett, we will get more aggressive in the offseason, and if we don't, we go more passive and more long term thinking than short term win now?

I am not really sure. I hear some positive things but just like everyone else I have my doubts. I really want to believe that this is the year we finally make some noise.

The only time the Orioles had a payroll over $90 mil was in 2007, when attendance was 2.1 million. Still think there was a lot less empty seats then? It's bad enough to go popping off out the mouth when you've got your facts straight, but in your case, you're doubly wrong.

Thanks....

I am not really sure. I hear some positive things but just like everyone else I have my doubts. I really want to believe that this is the year we finally make some noise.

Yeah, I hope this is the year...

I just was curious to how important the FO thinks landing Burnett is to future transactions.

I would think that landing Tex would be mutually exclusive, but with the FO, I can't really tell.

I think the second year or Adam Jones and the addition of Wieters this year is going to be bigger than people expect, and getting Tex could make our offense very scary for the young pitching that is coming up to have more of a cushion for their learning curve.

I cannot imagine a situation where MacPhail would trade away one of his starting pitchers without having signed at least one first.

Just my $.02.

That is assuming that they are planning on having Olson in the starting rotation. Not saying we have TONS of options, but I could just as easily see him in AAA with Guthrie, Cabrera, Patton, Liz and Albers to start the season. (that rotation makes me cringe), point is, I lump all of those young pitchers into a hat and you could pick out of it to fill in the last couple slots. Hopefully we sign 2 pitchers and that makes it even easier to see that Olson is expendable.

Archived