O's still in 3 way dance

bigbird

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't trade for Pie and have Reimold in the organization and not try to trade Scott for something of need.

That would just be a terrible use or resources.

You don't have to trade Scott and you certainly don't trade him for the hell of it but you had better be shopping him.

or Reimold

I do feel like getting Pie is like slapping Reimold in the face.

Since when does Reimold get left field handed to him on a platter? He's not the prince that takes over once King Luke Scott moves onto greener pastures. If we get Pie than Reimold needs to prove to everyone he's a better player than Pie. Reimold was never the Orioles top prospect as far as I can remember, Pie was the top prospect for the Cubs 3 years ago... his ceiling has to be higher than Reimolds.

You can't trade for Pie and have Reimold in the organization and not try to trade Scott for something of need.

That would just be a terrible use or resources.

You don't have to trade Scott and you certainly don't trade him for the hell of it but you had better be shopping him.

I can't believe that this deal can't be expanded to include Scott to the Cubs with all of the permutations of the names involved (Olsen, Scott, Walker, Cedeno, Pie, Marquis, Hill,etc.). Somehow, I would think that Hendry and AM can find some kind of middle ground so that the Cubs end up with Scott and Olsen (to be flipped to the Padres).

I can't believe that this deal can't be expanded to include Scott to the Cubs with all of the permutations of the names involved (Olsen, Scott, Walker, Cedeno, Pie, Marquis, Hill,etc.). Somehow, I would think that Hendry and AM can find some kind of middle ground so that the Cubs end up with Scott and Olsen (to be flipped to the Padres).

I agree...Makes too much sense.

But I guess it is just getting too complicated.

I'd be all over that deal. This team needs an influx of young talent. Cubs are trying to win now, seems beneficial to both teams without anyone being hosed. Long term, The Os' could make out better, but anything that helps that Cubs get Peavy would go a long way to ending the curse of the billygoat

Guest rochester
I think AM has as much, if not more, to do with the AJ offer in comparison to PA.

I agree. As much as I would like to have AJ, the years and dollars are just too much and could be a huge burden down the road, if not sooner.

Guest rochester
I'm not so sure. While it'd be nice to be close to home, let's face it, money talks.

Yea but a wife still has more pull. I have experience...

I agree. As much as I would like to have AJ, the years and dollars are just too much and could be a huge burden down the road, if not sooner.

I truly wonder if they are worried about his injury history. He does have shaky mechanics, and it would seem that he may still be an injury risk. They may have taken that into account when they made their offer.

I truly wonder if they are worried about his injury history. He does have shaky mechanics, and it would seem that he may still be an injury risk. They may have taken that into account when they made their offer.
This year's free-agent class isn't overflowing with options for the Orioles, whose top pitching target appears to be moving further and further from their grasp. A.J. Burnett, who lives in Monkton and wants to pitch close to home, is being wooed by a handful of teams as an alternative to top free agents CC Sabathia and Derek Lowe.

MacPhail met last month with Burnett's agent, Darek Braunecker, and he'll likely touch base with him this week. However, the Orioles are not expected to come close to matching the Atlanta Braves' reported offer, a four-year pact worth $60 million with an option for a fifth season.

Fearful of Burnett's injury history, the Orioles are even hesitant to offer him a guaranteed four years, likely leaving them to pour through other options.

new Sun article

You sir are correct.

Typical Orioles. All they ever do is find ways not to spend money. The O's are making plenty of money especially now that they have MASN but they never want to spend it. It's baseball. There are no guarantees. I know. Why don't they make a legit offer to CC Sabathia. He doesn't have an injury history. He would cost alot more than Burnett but if injury history is all they're worried about then it should be no problem.

I'm disappointed that so many on this board are willing to excuse the Orioles not spending money on real players year after year it's like you all have Stockholm Syndrome or something. All McPhail has done since he's been here is decrease payroll. Now it's time to increase it. What did they think when the let it slip that they would want to go after Texiera and Burnett. They new going in that these guys would command lot's of money. Don't be fooled for a minute that the front office didn't expect Burnett to get the offer that he got. They knew someone would offer him a 4 or 5 year contract for that kind of money. They knew it. If I could figure it out then so could they.

You can always find reasons not to spend money if all you want to do it not spend money.

Only way I'd even consider moving Markakis is if I'm getting a package with a player like Kemp AND Kershaw in return.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that MacPhail feels similarly.

Here we go again over valueing our players!! Come on Markakis for Kemp and Kershaw, that's funny!!

Archived