Which of the remaining Free Agents are the best fit for the O's?

wildcard

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Except I don’t think Correa is realistic…WC thinks Greinke is.

And Greinke isn’t likely to much of a help in our park and in our division.

Why Correa over Story?  Especially from an Os historical perspective.  We get the consistency without giving out (possibly) the 10+ year deal or the total dollars.  There's the risk that he's a Coors product, but that's also balanced by his defense. 

We know we have Westburg/Mayo/Henderson in the wings, but that gives us options to trade them, or Story, for pitching if all oof them turn out legit.

3 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Why Correa over Story?  Especially from an Os historical perspective.  We get the consistency without giving out (possibly) the 10+ year deal or the total dollars.  There's the risk that he's a Coors product, but that's also balanced by his defense. 

We know we have Westburg/Mayo/Henderson in the wings, but that gives us options to trade them, or Story, for pitching if all oof them turn out legit.

Story works too.

BTW, I don’t think we should sign any of these guys.  They will all get terrible, regrettable contracts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Story works too.

BTW, I don’t think we should sign any of these guys.  They will all get terrible, regrettable contracts.

I agree with you on Correa.  I think Story to a lesser extent.  10 years at $35 per is a lot more regrettable than 6 at $25 per.

Kyle Seager may be more realistic for the O's if his price drops a little.   MLBTR has him a 2/24.   Escobar signed with Mets for 2/20.  If Seager's price drops to 1/10 plus a club option for 10m then maybe the O's get involved.   That would not block Westburg/Gunnar.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Kyle Seager may be more realistic for the O's if his price drops a little.   MLBTR has him a 2/24.   Escobar signed with Mets for 2/20.  If Seager's price drops to 1/10 plus a club option for 10m then maybe the O's get involved.   That would not block Westburg/Gunnar.

I’d give Seager a 1 year deal. We need a 3B and he’s not gonna block anyone. I don’t know why he’d want to come here though, unless nobody else offers a comparable deal. We probably need to offer 2 years to have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’d give Seager a 1 year deal. We need a 3B and he’s not gonna block anyone. I don’t know why he’d want to come here though, unless nobody else offers a comparable deal. We probably need to offer 2 years to have a chance. 

Two years should be a deal breaker for the O's.  That could block Westburg/Gunnar.  Kyle Seager price has to drop of the O's to be involved IMO.

34 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Two years should be a deal breaker for the O's.  That could block Westburg/Gunnar.  Kyle Seager price has to drop of the O's to be involved IMO.

Lol..yea by all means..let’s not sign a solid player and actually try to get better because maybe one of our prospects can handle a position they have yet to play.

Meanwhile, you think signing Mancini to a 2 year deal makes sense because it will help his trade value.  

Where is the consistency?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Lol..yea by all means..let’s not sign a solid player and actually try to get better because maybe one of our prospects can handle a position they have yet to play.

Meanwhile, you think signing Mancini to a 2 year deal makes sense because it will help his trade value.  

Where is the consistency?

Both Westburg and Henderson played 3B last season.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

There are two additional IF positions they can play. If Seager is good, you can trade him. If he’s not, he can sit in favor of whichever guy has forced our hand at 3B. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Let me rephrase that…a position that they have played on a consistent basis against higher level competition.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Both Westburg and Henderson played 3B last season.

I think Westburg is thought of as a 2B if he can’t stick at SS. What I’ve seen is he may not have the arm strength to play 3B.