Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

I love how people are saying Glenn Clark’s source.  Clark isn’t the one who broke the story.  He isn’t a source at all.  He had a writer from the BBWAA on his show who broke the story a day or 2 before Clark had him on his show.

Lets understand the differences here before attempting to throw anyone under the bus.

41 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I love how people are saying Glenn Clark’s source.  Clark isn’t the one who broke the story.  He isn’t a source at all.  He had a writer from the BBWAA on his show who broke the story a day or 2 before Clark had him on his show.

Lets understand the differences here before attempting to throw anyone under the bus.

Relax Snopes, it was a joke :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Sure, why not? If you want to be intentionally obtuse, who am I to rain on your parade? 

Well I’m not.  You said his source.  Others have to.  Anyone who says that isn’t representing the situation properly.  

Clark isn’t a source.  If he dropped the news, I would be highly skeptical.  But this guy may have actual credibility, at least more than Clark would for something like this.

Im skeptical anyway but I do find it interesting and it certainly is something extremely doable if the team wanted to.

4 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

MLBTR is now reporting that the O's had interest in Donovan Solano prior to the lockout but still have not reported on the Orioles-Correa story/rumor.

Very strange, perhaps Clark's source somehow misheard "Donovan Solano" as "Carlos Correa" 😂

Did we offer him 10/$350

Of course we all want Correa, but wouldn’t bringing him in free us up from a major organizational hole at a keystone position?  Plus, then we’d have OF bats and IF bats to trade for pitching. It’s 35mm a year, but it should be viewed as a move that helps us acquire the elusive SP we all want. Adding Correa, and AR, makes us “contenders” for a playoff spot next year. Other moves have to happen, and things have to break right, but I don’t see a downside big enough not to pull the trigger. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Of course we all want Correa, but wouldn’t bringing him in free us up from a major organizational hole at a keystone position?  Plus, then we’d have OF bats and IF bats to trade for pitching. It’s 35mm a year, but it should be viewed as a move that helps us acquire the elusive SP we all want. Adding Correa, and AR, makes us “contenders” for a playoff spot next year. Other moves have to happen, and things have to break right, but I don’t see a downside big enough not to pull the trigger. 

It makes too much sense to sign him. He’d still be in his prime years during the hopeful contention window, he fills a position of need which not only reduces the pressure on the farm to produce three quality infielders but could potentially aid in putting together trade packages for other areas of need, and lastly it’s a showing of good faith to the fans and players that there is a goal and perpetual tanking is not the long term plan anymore.

With all that being said, (I’m reminding myself this mostly) there is zero chance he signs here. 

1 minute ago, oriole said:

With all that being said, (I’m reminding myself this mostly) there is zero chance he signs here. 

Not saying you're wrong, but I thought he was signing with the Tigers for 10/$275 before the lockout. Then he didn't. Maybe this is why?

The only way there is zero chance he signs here is if the Orioles don’t want to sign him.

By that I mean, if this rumor is actually true and the team is committed to this type of contract for him, he absolutely could sign here.

The idea that we can’t draw someone like him here or have any reason for him to sign here is a complete fallacy.  The reality is, if you do believe that, you must think the farm system sucks and that the team has no long term future.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The only way there is zero chance he signs here is if the Orioles don’t want to sign him.

By that I mean, if this rumor is actually true and the team is committed to this type of contract for him, he absolutely could sign here.

The idea that we can’t draw someone like him here or have any reason for him to sign here is a complete fallacy.  The reality is, if you do believe that, you must think the farm system sucks and that the team has no long term future.

Or you might think that the farm system is strong enough that you don’t need to spend $350 million on a free agent.

I’m not against signing Correa.  But, I can see arguments on both sides.

29 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Or you might think that the farm system is strong enough that you don’t need to spend $350 million on a free agent.

I’m not against signing Correa.  But, I can see arguments on both sides.

Then you could trade from the farm system to acquire players that the farm can't provide or are more difficult to get to sign as free agents.  A starting pitcher for instance.