Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I just wanna get on record as saying 10/300ish for Correa would be a big mistake. Already questions about his injury history, how long he can stay at SS. He’s had some up and down seasons with the bat, which averages out to an .837 for his career. We’d be much better off spreading that money around to get competent players at multiple positions. 

No we wouldn’t.

This whole idea of adding middling players to middling contracts is so bad.

The $6-14M per year contracts rarely work out.  You should be able to find 80% of that production for 20% of the cost all day long.

13 hours ago, higgybaby said:

Do tell please. 

Not sure if you're kidding or not, so I'll respond just in case.

Back in the days where the O's were rumored to sign Tiexiera, Tex coming to the Ravens game, trade Bedard for Kershaw, etc., this board had a poster named Belkast who said he was an insider. There were a couple of others too, but he's the one I remember talking about "wow offers" to Tiexiera, etc. He disappeared eventually.

Those were wild times around here. Some dude would come and post a rumor and the board went crazy with it. Another guy who supposedly worked for a sports agent posted rumors too. I forget his username. If I remember, some of their stuff proved true. It's been so long though that I forget if there was any credibility at all in there. I feel like they did get some of the Bedard for Jones, Tillman + stuff correct.

21 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bigbird would post some reliable stuff.

Belkast’s source, iirc, was a Porsche salesman who was close with John Angelos.

I still think about Bigbird sometimes when I read the forum. I loved the content he posted back then. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bigbird would post some reliable stuff.

Belkast’s source, iirc, was a Porsche salesman who was close with John Angelos.

The wildest "inside" info I remember was the guy on a Mariners fan site that broke the Adam Jones deal.  Jones was playing in a winter league in Venezuela and this guy's mother was a travel agent that took the call from the Mariners to book a flight from Caracas to Baltimore for Jones.   Apparently, Jones then passed his physical in Baltimore and the deal was finalized.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

Not sure if you're kidding or not, so I'll respond just in case.

Back in the days where the O's were rumored to sign Tiexiera, Tex coming to the Ravens game, trade Bedard for Kershaw, etc., this board had a poster named Belkast who said he was an insider. There were a couple of others too, but he's the one I remember talking about "wow offers" to Tiexiera, etc. He disappeared eventually.

Those were wild times around here. Some dude would come and post a rumor and the board went crazy with it. Another guy who supposedly worked for a sports agent posted rumors too. I forget his username. If I remember, some of their stuff proved true. It's been so long though that I forget if there was any credibility at all in there. I feel like they did get some of the Bedard for Jones, Tillman + stuff correct.

Yeah, I remember the Bella’s days well. The Tex rumors were classic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I forget whether one said he worked for a sports agent, or had a friend who did.   The agent repped Brian Roberts and a few other O’s connected players.  

I'm still pretty sure I know what Mike Flanagan's user name (may he rest in peace) was on this site. I never really socialized it because I didn't want to out him and then with his death it felt best to just let it go.

Or, I'm just wrong and it's not worth going there anyway. 

Either way, this place definitely had some wild days back then.

10 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I'm still pretty sure I know what Mike Flanagan's user name (may he rest in peace) was on this site. I never really socialized it because I didn't want to out him and then with his death it felt best to just let it go.

Or, I'm just wrong and it's not worth going there anyway. 

Either way, this place definitely had some wild days back then.

Interesting. 

I recall one time someone saying they were “caught” as an insider but don’t recall who. Meaning the person who was telling them info got mad about it when they realized they were putting it on here. 

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Interesting. 

I recall one time someone saying they were “caught” as an insider but don’t recall who. Meaning the person who was telling them info got mad about it when they realized they were putting it on here. 

I seem to remember someone letting Bigbird or another poster listen in on a private phone call with Flanagan. Flanagan caught on to it and told the person not to do it anymore. 

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I seem to remember someone letting Bigbird or another poster listen in on a private phone call with Flanagan. Flanagan caught on to it and told the person not to do it anymore. 

Ok. Man I don’t remember that.
I was thinking Jim Duquette may have been involved. Been about 15 years ago… no wonder I don’t recall it well. 

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Wild Bill!

Good times!  Peace 21 had some info at times, though I don't remember if it was legit.  I do think he broke the Tejada to Astros trade.  I recall Belkast having news about the O's being interested in someone (Nomar to play first?) but he first had to  change diapers and would get back to us later.  The board was really funny that night.  "Change those diapers, Belkast!" 

• Haha 1