Free agency thread

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kershaw to the Dodgers on a 1 year deal.  

Not that we had a chance to get him, but glad to see he goes back to LAD.  Would be weird to see him in anything else.

From what I had heard the only place he might have wound up was Texas, as he is from the Dallas area.   I don't think he ever intended to go on the open market and sell to the highest bidder.   

A friend of mine, who I coached with and who used to play professional ball in PR, knows a few MLB players, including Correa.  I asked him today where Carlos was going and he said... he had no idea.  Glad I could clear that up.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Braves are sitting on a ton of money. Tells you how ownership there truly feels about winning 

I’m not following?  They just finished building a team that won the WS.  So they must value winning to some degree.  Just because they question the wisdom of a long term contract for an aging player (in my mind) doesn’t mean they don’t value winning.  More like their view of winning is valued (measured by payroll costs) differently than yours and everyone else.

• Upvote 2