28 man opening day roster - so who's on it?

seak05

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well you figure he rehabs, gets in some time in extended ST and goes to the minors for 5 games or so.

Probably puts him up here around May 1 if there are no setbacks..which just also happens to be at a point in the season where they gain the extra year of service time.

We get the extra year of service time as of April 18 (barring top 2 ROY).   

8 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I don't mind the rehab in AAA before he comes up, its more of the worry that in a week or two we will be reading the same that he isn't ready for games and is still hitting off a tee and light throwing but progressing nicely. 

Well I would suspect that we hear he is getting ABs at extended ST in 7-10 days.  He stays down there for about a week and then plays in Norfolk the last  week or 2 of April and then comes up.  

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well I would suspect that we hear he is getting ABs at extended ST in 7-10 days.  He stays down there for about a week and then plays in Norfolk the last  week or 2 of April and then comes up.  

I don't see any reason why, at this point they would not give him a full Spring Training's worth of at bats in Triple A.  I agree, late April or early May is the earliest we see him in Baltimore. 

29 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Goday was designated by the Twins. He’s a catcher that has hit .274/357 avg/OBP in the minors bit hasn’t hit yet in the bigs. Doesn’t have much power.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/twins-sign-chance-sisco-to-minor-league-deal.html

He seems like a worthy grab. 40% c/s, good defensively, greeting framing…what’s not to like?

To Rookie or not to Rookie.  Looks like Seattle (Rodriguez), Detroit (Torkelson and Greene), and the Rays (Lowe) are going to see if they can grab some extra draft picks with the new CBA rules.  How bad are the Orioles going to look when we watch these organizations reaping the benefits of the new rules?

10 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

To Rookie or not to Rookie.  Looks like Seattle (Rodriguez), Detroit (Torkelson and Greene), and the Rays (Lowe) are going to see if they can grab some extra draft picks with the new CBA rules.  How bad are the Orioles going to look when we watch these organizations reaping the benefits of the new rules?

I agree that it would look bad if Adley hadn't gotten hurt and still went to AAA, but unless you think the Orioles are faking Adley's injury, not sure what else they should have done. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Grayson.

I was frustrated at Grayson's placement / lack of promotions last year, for this very reason.

But at this point that's water under the bridge and he hasn't pitched at AAA at all.  O's have been consistent that they want all players getting some time at AAA.  Probably even more so the pitchers with the difference in the ball.  I have no problem with him starting at AAA.  Wish he would have started in AA last year and spent the second half in AAA though.