Tyler Wells 2022

Il BuonO

27 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I'm going to be that guy - the one who admits I thought it was silly to move him out of the bullpen.  So far, it looks like I was completely wrong, and I'm very pleased that's the case.  

Nobody on either side of the debate should be claiming victory or conceding defeat.

I've been adamant that he deserved a shot to start.  They're going to give him one.  And he's done well in his ST build up this year.

That's a far cry from being a successful ML starter.

15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Nobody on either side of the debate should be claiming victory or conceding defeat.

I've been adamant that he deserved a shot to start.  They're going to give him one.  And he's done well in his ST build up this year.

That's a far cry from being a successful ML starter.

I think you missed the part where I said "So far".  

Joan Jett is apparently a big Orioles fan and lists Tyler Wells as her player to watch this year in this fantastic article from Spin magazine (is it still a magazine or just a website?) where 108 musicians predict the 2022 MLB season. Two other Orioles fans are also interviewed, Steve Gorman formerly of the Black Crowes, and Trey Miller who is in a band called Cherie Amour who are, according to Google, Baltimore based nu-punk pioneers. I am not hip to the musics of today, but I got a kick out of Joan Jett's optimism.

What’s your prognosis for the season?
Baltimore wins 85-90 games.
What are your reasonable hopes?
O’s finish above 500.

What do you think of your team’s new acquisitions (or lack thereof)?
Lots of great players in the farm system double and triple-A ball. Deep at every position to back the starters.

What’s the ceiling/floor?
Ceiling is making the playoffs and possible WS. Floor would be four place in the eastern division of the American League.

Who’s your player to watch this year? Why?
Adley Rushtman – catcher #1 draft choice in the country. Tyler Wells-starting pitcher/bullpen.

Will they make the playoffs?
I can dream, can’t I? Yes, they will make the playoffs. Belief is important, so I must believe yes, we will make the playoffs.

What’s your record prediction?
90-72.

What’s your World Series matchup?
Boston-Chicago Cubs.
Houston-St. Louis.
Baltimore Orioles-New York Mets.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Joan Jett is apparently a big Orioles fan and lists Tyler Wells as her player to watch this year in this fantastic article from Spin magazine (is it still a magazine or just a website?) where 108 musicians predict the 2022 MLB season. Two other Orioles fans are also interviewed, Steve Gorman formerly of the Black Crowes, and Trey Miller who is in a band called Cherie Amour who are, according to Google, Baltimore based nu-punk pioneers. I am not hip to the musics of today, but I got a kick out of Joan Jett's optimism.

What’s your prognosis for the season?
Baltimore wins 85-90 games.
What are your reasonable hopes?
O’s finish above 500.

What do you think of your team’s new acquisitions (or lack thereof)?
Lots of great players in the farm system double and triple-A ball. Deep at every position to back the starters.

What’s the ceiling/floor?
Ceiling is making the playoffs and possible WS. Floor would be four place in the eastern division of the American League.

Who’s your player to watch this year? Why?
Adley Rushtman – catcher #1 draft choice in the country. Tyler Wells-starting pitcher/bullpen.

Will they make the playoffs?
I can dream, can’t I? Yes, they will make the playoffs. Belief is important, so I must believe yes, we will make the playoffs.

What’s your record prediction?
90-72.

What’s your World Series matchup?
Boston-Chicago Cubs.
Houston-St. Louis.
Baltimore Orioles-New York Mets.

I'll have some of what she's smoking.  I'll be very happy with 70 wins.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Joan Jett sang the National Anthem at Orioles Park the night Cal broke the record.

So is she our most famous fan?   Other candidates:

• Roy Firestone
  • Josh Charles
  • Ed Norton
  • Michael Phelps
  • Pat Sajak

I would have to say Michael Phelps is the O's most famous fan.  He was one of the greatest Olympic champions of all time.  I doubt many people outside the US know those other fans, except maybe Pat Sajak because Wheel of Fortune was such a long time success.

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would have to say Michael Phelps is the O's most famous fan.  He was one of the greatest Olympic champions of all time.  I doubt many people outside the US know those other fans, except maybe Pat Sajak because Wheel of Fortune was such a long time success.

Well, I hope it’s not Josh Charles, because I don’t know who that is!

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I hope it’s not Josh Charles, because I don’t know who that is!

Actor, had a show that was a riff on ESPN Sports Center.  His father was one of teh principals in the advertising firm Trahan, Burden and Charles.  And, I believe his Uncle is Stan "the Fan" Charles.

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Actor, had a show that was a riff on ESPN Sports Center.  His father was one of teh principals in the advertising firm Trahan, Burden and Charles.  And, I believe his Uncle is Stan "the Fan" Charles.

And also related to Laura Charles, who was a TV newsperson/show host in Baltimore in the 70s/80s.

Charles is probably best known for being in the CBS show The Good Wife with Juliana Marguiles.   He was in Dead Poet's Society as well.

13 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

LOL, my cousin used to write for that show (SportsNite), but I’ve only seen maybe 1-2 episodes.   

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Joan Jett sang the National Anthem at Orioles Park the night Cal broke the record.

So is she our most famous fan?   Other candidates:

• Roy Firestone
  • Josh Charles
  • Ed Norton
  • Michael Phelps
  • Pat Sajak

And Julia Louis-Dreyfus.  Even the character she played on Seinfeld admitted to being an O's fan.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

She went to high school in Rockville, so it kinda makes sense. Thanks for posting, I thought it was kinda interesting to go through it and see who are fans of which team