Tyler Wells 2022

Il BuonO

6 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Yes, and against their first tier guys. He struck out Bichette, Guerrero, T Hernandez, Gurriel and M Chapman at least once.

Yes.  Looking forward to seeing if by June he can be extended to >5 innings per start.  Could be a diamond in the rough as a starter. 

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Yes.  Looking forward to seeing if by June he can be extended to >5 innings per start.  Could be a diamond in the rough as a starter. 

It will be interesting to see how they manage his innings.   If you look at his minor league track record, the most he ever threw in a year was 119 back in 2018.  (He did throw 139 combined between college and the minors in 2016.)  He missed 2019 with TJ surgery, missed 2020 when there was no MiL season, then threw 57 innings last year.  My guess is they won’t push him past 120 or so.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It will be interesting to see how they manage his innings.   If you look at his minor league track record, the most he ever threw in a year was 119 back in 2018.  (He did throw 139 combined between college and the minors in 2016.)  He missed 2019 with TJ surgery, missed 2020 when there was no MiL season, then threw 57 innings last year.  My guess is they won’t push him past 120 or so.   

I think he's likely to end up on the IL at some point and make the question moot.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Whatever the lowest amount of innings that you possibly think would be his limit and then minus 10 innings with this regimes extreme view on usage.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Whatever the lowest amount of innings that you possibly think would be his limit and then minus 10 innings with this regimes extreme view on usage.

Ah, Tony’s on a rampage now!   😆

Who throws the fewest innings, Wells, Hall or Baumler?   I’m guessing 120, 100, 80, barring injuries.   

1 minute ago, UMDTerrapins said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if, with Hall and Wells having caps on their 2022 innings, we were wondering how we are going to stretch out their innings so they’re available for the postseason! I’d love to be back in that mindset. 

We can have that wish for 2023.  They will probably still have an innings cap.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Ah, Tony’s on a rampage now!   😆

Who throws the fewest innings, Wells, Hall or Baumler?   I’m guessing 120, 100, 80, barring injuries.   

Just frustrated. The Tides season is starting tonight no Rodriguez. Hall and Baumler stay in extended. Rom in AA. They are just very frustrating in how they want to SLOWLY develop their pitching. I would absolutely hate to be drafted by the Orioles if I were a pitcher. You know you will barely pitch, have strict pitch limits, and move very slowly through the system. 

As a fan it sucks because I want to see these guys in Baltimore or hell, at least on opening night of their affiliates, but alas the Orioles could give two hoots about whether their fans are getting excited or not.

3 minutes ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I’m seriously surprised if there isn’t pushback from the affiliates. I’m sure they’d like to put some butts in the seats now that they have some noteworthy prospects. I mean, our longtime AAA affiliate fired us. 

MLB b****-slapped the minor leagues in the past couple years and let them know who is boss.  They know better than to try to give MLB any sass now.

• Upvote 1