DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Str% was about 69% today, which is really good.  But the 6 baserunners helped drive up the pitch count.  He definitely needs to be more pitch efficient.  He should be able to at least get into the 6th if he is throwing 90 pitches.

BTW, why is he throwing as many or pitches already than Grayson did?

Super 2 is passed. 

Clears 30 AAA innings, K% goes into the 40's.    Sorry Grayson.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=2&stats=pit&qual=30&type=1&team=&season=2022&seasonEnd=2022&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=9,1

Even dinging him for the high walks, the strikeouts are enough to carry K-BB% to 3rd place behind you know who and that 26 year old Yankee JP Sears who handled the Orioles.

He's going to walk ~15% of MLB hitters as surely as Adley is going to go 8-for-48.   I hope he isn't more than a couple turns away.    Don't pitch mad, DL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

He is throwing 90 pitches now which is more than Tyler Wells has thrown in any start this year. There is an opening in the rotation and he is a better option than anyone else in the minors to fill it. 

It is time.

A little soon for me.   When it takes 89 pitches to get through 4.1 IP,  how will that translate to the majors?  He needs a little more time to lower his pitch count.   It may just be that he is trying to strike everyone out  which takes a lot of pitches.

Tyler Wells has made this adjustment and is doing well getting deeper in games.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

A little soon for me.   When it takes 89 pitches to get through 4.1 IP,  how will that translate to the majors?  He needs a little more time to lower his pitch count.   It may just be that he is trying to strike everyone out  which takes a lot of pitches.

He has openly admitted that all he's trying to do is strike people out all the time. That's not a good thing.

It will be Spenser Watkins. 

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

He has openly admitted that all he's trying to do is strike people out all the time. That's not a good thing.

It will be Spenser Watkins. 

If that's true he'll have to dispense with that attitude if he wants to remain a starter. 

56 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Tyler Wells has made this adjustment and is doing well getting deeper in games.

I would prefer to see Hall getting through 5+ innings regularly before calling him up.   He’s only gone that far once this year.   I do think he’ll get called up sometime before August 1 barring any setbacks.   

I'm not fluent in all the intricacies in how Rookie eligibility and Prospect eligibility is measured.    Roto leagues I play generally go by 130 PA or 50 IP, and I believe offseason lists catering to baseball enthusiasts and/or fantasy players follow that.

I believe in real life Service Days can also exhaust rookie eligibility in the eyes of MLB even if those playing time thresholds not met.

It would definitely never work out except by accident if a talented performer got enough 2022 days they weren't a 2023 rookie but not so many innings that they could still be rated in 2023 offseason farm rankings lists by non-MLB entities like Fangraphs, Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus.

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I'm not fluent in all the intricacies in how Rookie eligibility and Prospect eligibility is measured.    Roto leagues I play generally go by 130 PA or 50 IP, and I believe offseason lists catering to baseball enthusiasts and/or fantasy players follow that.

I believe in real life Service Days can also exhaust rookie eligibility in the eyes of MLB even if those playing time thresholds not met.

It would definitely never work out except by accident if a talented performer got enough 2022 days they weren't a 2023 rookie but not so many innings that they could still be rated in 2023 offseason farm rankings lists by non-MLB entities like Fangraphs, Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus.

Most lists follow the rookie eligibility which is 130 PA, 50 innings, or 45 days of non-injured list service time prior to roster expansion on September 1.

If they wanted to keep him rookie eligible he would have to be called up on July 19th or later (and throw fewer than 50 innings).