Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

6 hours ago, Just Regular said:

In booth during the half-inning visit, Palmer got out a Grayson Boston type question, and "odd" was the word in the Elias response I noted most as his label on the concept of unveiling someone in Boston.   I think he gave New York that kind of honorific too answering about letting Adley get his feet under him before the roadtrip.

Nothing odd about starting wounded Spenser Watkins in Fenway, or any MLB game, of course.

Nice seeing Grayson still had his 98 at 80+ pitches.

They’re both very small pop ups become homers ballparks. 

plus I imagine the orioles will want the ticket bump of his first start 

Grayson scheduled tonight.    Looking at the Orioles rest of 1st half schedule, I wonder if maybe it now goes like.

Wednesday 6/1 vs. Seattle

Tuesday 6/7 vs. Chicago CUBS

Sunday 6/12 at Kansas City     (point of this might be to "protect" him from 4-game at Toronto series, same as steering away from Fenway this weekend even in Watkins' absence)

Friday 6/17 vs. Tampa Bay

Wednesday 6/22 vs. Washington   (conveniently day before a tough 4-game series at Chicago WHITE SOX)

Tuesday 6/28 at Seattle

Monday 7/4 vs. Texas

Sunday 7/10 vs. LA Angels

Saturday 7/16 at Tampa

Nary a scary Devers, or Vlad or Judge in the set.     Including tonight looks like calendar for 10 turns between now and All-Star break.    I have a feeling tonight third time will be charm for solving Pat Valaika's lineup.     That June 7, 12, 17, 22 might be too aggressive, but perhaps the most surprising bit to me YTD has been how often they've pitched him on 4 days rest.

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Grayson scheduled tonight.    Looking at the Orioles rest of 1st half schedule, I wonder if maybe it now goes like.

Wednesday 6/1 vs. Seattle

Tuesday 6/7 vs. Chicago CUBS

Sunday 6/12 at Kansas City     (point of this might be to "protect" him from 4-game at Toronto series, same as steering away from Fenway this weekend even in Watkins' absence)

Friday 6/17 vs. Tampa Bay

Wednesday 6/22 vs. Washington   (conveniently day before a tough 4-game series at Chicago WHITE SOX)

Tuesday 6/28 at Seattle

Monday 7/4 vs. Texas

Sunday 7/10 vs. LA Angels

Saturday 7/16 at Tampa

Nary a scary Devers, or Vlad or Judge in the set.     Including tonight looks like calendar for 10 turns between now and All-Star break.    I have a feeling tonight third time will be charm for solving Pat Valaika's lineup.     That June 7, 12, 17, 22 might be too aggressive, but perhaps the most surprising bit to me YTD has been how often they've pitched him on 4 days rest.

Nice plan. But do you really think he will pitch on 6/1 when that's Bradish's turn? The day we're going to need an extra starter is 5/31. So I'm hoping they pull him early tonight so he can start on Tuesday. 

Grayson is done for the night.  7 innings and 88 pitches are both season highs, though the latter was just by one pitch.  I was kind of hoping they might let him start the 8th.   

In any event, he’s really answered every question.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Grayson is done for the night.  7 innings and 88 pitches are both season highs, though the latter was just by one pitch.  I was kind of hoping they might let him start the 8th.   

In any event, he’s really answered every question.  

Yep, only one thing holding him back.

I wonder what the last "body of work" shy of MLB pitching as good as this is.   

Japan Ohtani he was always dinged up.    Strasburg NCAA and briefly minors?

Rodriguez entering tonight was at 260 innings, 375 strikeouts and 2.46 ERA.

McClanahan as a first rounder coming through Rays system was 175 innings, 215 strikeouts and 3.02 ERA.

Gerrit minors was 230 innings, 210 strikeouts and 2.66 ERA.

Casey Mize 125 innings, 125 strikeouts and 2.91 ERA.

Hunter Greene and MacKenzie Gore either had bouts of injury and/or ineffectiveness.