Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

On 7/6/2022 at 8:28 PM, waroriole said:

Straight away CF. That was crushed. Keep this up and I’ll permit him being ranked above Westburg. 

Today's also to straight away CF, just to the right of the 405 CF sign.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Cowser with his third home run in 12 games with Bowie. 1.132 OPS.

Starting to suspect that he may find his way back on the top 100 prospects lists soon.

The clip was great to see, but man, was it painful to hear.  There's a reason that announcer is calling games at AA.  😆

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

The clip was great to see, but man, was it painful to hear.  There's a reason that announcer is calling games at AA.  😆

Adam Pohl is really fun to listen to as far as his turn of phrase and extensive background knowledge.  Came up “thru the system” formerly with Frederick.  He also does calls for Mt Saint Mary’s sports.

He got his signature sports drawl from trying to imitate John Miller, and yes, it’s over the top.  Get past that and you’ve got a really skilled broadcaster who takes the young guys under his wing and passes on whatever he can.  

If you can celebrate along with the excitement in every call, honestly you really may come to enjoy them as much as I do. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, justD said:

Adam Pohl is really fun to listen to as far as his turn of phrase and extensive background knowledge.  Came up “thru the system” formerly with Frederick.  He also does calls for Mt Saint Mary’s sports.

He got his signature sports drawl from trying to imitate John Miller, and yes, it’s over the top.  Get past that and you’ve got a really skilled broadcaster who takes the young guys under his wing and passes on whatever he can.  

If you can celebrate along with the excitement in every call, honestly you really may come to enjoy them as much as I do. 

I can hear Miller’s cadences, absolutely. Good verbal dexterity. Haven’t heard him beyond the clips that make it to Twitter, so I can’t speak to the depth of his commentary, but it sounds as though he is well informed and invested in the team. I just wish his register were an octave and a half deeper.

12 minutes ago, Babkins said:

I can hear Miller’s cadences, absolutely. Good verbal dexterity. Haven’t heard him beyond the clips that make it to Twitter, so I can’t speak to the depth of his commentary, but it sounds as though he is well informed and invested in the team. I just wish his register were an octave and a half deeper.

It’s amazing how having a good sounding voice (or not) can outweigh your skill as an announcer.   

• Upvote 1