Colton Cowser 2022

ShoelesJoe

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, he has gotten around that 200 at bat area now.

What is the team supposed to do?  Keep him in AA just because of an insanely high BABiP?  Is he hitting a bunch of softly hit balls that are just finding holes?  Are his hits weak?  Is his EV poor?  Is he just swinging at everything? 

BtW, MiLB.com has his BABiP at 462.  Still not sustainable of course.

I don't know the answer to your questions.  You don't know the answer to your questions.  The organization knows the answers to your questions and they don't think it's ridiculous to keep him in AA.  They seem to know a little about developing hitters.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Does any site track MiL EV stats?

I see FG has Cowser at a 36% LD% in AA.

Rotowire has hard hit rate which is probably the closest you could find on public available data.

Cowser is at 36.5% this year which is great, given for comparison Henderson is 32%, as is Jordan Walker.  I don't know how much credence to put into these numbers, but it is at least something.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, nvpacchi said:

Rotowire has hard hit rate which is probably the closest you could find on public available data.

Cowser is at 36.5% this year which is great, given for comparison Henderson is 32%, as is Jordan Walker.  I don't know how much credence to put into these numbers, but it is at least something.

That’s in line with FG, so that makes sense.

His numbers are just insane.  

3 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Markakis hit .339 /.420 /.573 in 33 games at AA, striking out about 20% of the time, and went right to the majors from there. Would it be the worst thing in the world if Cowser started 2023 in our outfield? 

Cowser is the future in our outfield. I'd imagine they can hold him back for an extra year of service time, but I could also imagine that they move on from 2 of our current OFer and make a spot for him on opening day. 

I suspect, based on this pace, that they intend to keep him in AAA until after he gets the extra year.

12 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Cowser is the future in our outfield. I'd imagine they can hold him back for an extra year of service time, but I could also imagine that they move on from 2 of our current OFer and make a spot for him on opening day. 

I suspect, based on this pace, that they intend to keep him in AAA until after he gets the extra year.

I don't think Elias believes in skipping people over AAA

On 8/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, LookinUp said:

Extra year from when? I see him starting in AAA and coming up by the end of the year. I can't imagine they hold him back until mid-April '24.

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Extra year from when? I see him starting in AAA and coming up by the end of the year. I can't imagine they hold him back until mid-April '24.

Unlikely, but there is a better chance of that IMO than him being up next season before June.