Terrin Vavra 2022

interloper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He’s back. Rehabbing in Aberdeen.

I’d like to see him up in Baltimore ASAP. You get what you can out of him knowing he could go back on the IL at any time.

Based on how he’s been played this year I think the org looks at him as more of an outfielder than a second baseman, which is unfortunate. Love to see him knock Owings off the roster. 

14 hours ago, ChuckS said:

He’s back. Rehabbing in Aberdeen.

I’d like to see him up in Baltimore ASAP. You get what you can out of him knowing he could go back on the IL at any time.

Based on how he’s been played this year I think the org looks at him as more of an outfielder than a second baseman, which is unfortunate. Love to see him knock Owings off the roster. 

The kid needs to prove he can stay on the field. He's got talent for sure, but he's quickly getting into Diaz territory when it comes to getting hurt. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think Martin was coming up to replace Ownings long term. With Urias’ injury, I’m thinking Vavra is real close to getting the call. He just has to be healthy and there has to be an opening. If Urias isn’t out that long then he may have to wait until Odor is traded, IF he can stay healthy. 

I feel like the excitement over Henderson’s and Westburg’s promotions to Norfolk and their good starts there have overshadowed the fact that Vavra is back and hitting very well.  He went 3 for 5 today and sports a .349 BA and .882 OPS at Norfolk.   He’s hitting .382/.447/.471 since he returned to Norfolk last week.   If he can stay healthy he could be on the big club in the second half.   

• Upvote 1

Not sure where Vavra fits.  He can play 2B and the OF but it doesn't seem like they view him as a regular 2B and I have no idea what kind of defense he displays in the OF.    I get the feeling that full-time 2B is not in his future.  Probably either super utility guy (agree that he could replace McKenna), or possibly a replacement for Cedric Mullins if he's dealt.    Most likely, he's going to improve the ML depth as a bench player.   Someone you could have some confidence in at the plate unlike Mr. McKenna.

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure where Vavra fits.  He can play 2B and the OF but it doesn't seem like they view him as a regular 2B and I have no idea what kind of defense he displays in the OF.    I get the feeling that full-time 2B is not in his future.  Probably either super utility guy (agree that he could replace McKenna), or possibly a replacement for Cedric Mullins if he's dealt.    Most likely, he's going to improve the ML depth as a bench player.   Someone you could have some confidence in at the plate unlike Mr. McKenna.

I think they like guys to have "positional versatility" and he doesn't have the arm for the LF of the infield, but he has some speed. He's probably a super utility, but a guy who starts 4+ times a week, not a McKenna who might start once, but come in often as a defensive replacement (I agree you probably don't need both on the roster though). I would expect Vavra to come up when they decide what they are going to do with Odor though