Rougned Odor 2022

OsFanSinceThe80s

3 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I doubt the Orioles would jettison Owings and Odor off the team at the same time. So with Odor now contributing, why not bring up Richie Martin or another player to take Owings spot on the roster. 

Sure. 

Maybe Vavra can take Odor's spot later on this summer. 

Batting .341 (12 for 41) during the current 11-game hitting streak with 10 RBIs. Interestingly has cut back on the Ks (9) without upping the walks (just one)--I say "cut back" because he led the league in striking out in 2019.

Most of his clutch stats are very good with no deficiency against LHP (albeit a SSS for the latter numbers especially).

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Odor's been hurt and Graveman is good, but that was a brutal AB by Odor in the 9th. 

Mike has his process and timeline that he feels is best for the franchise. But it's frustrating to know that Norfolk has a better infield than Baltimore.

But hey, that prospect ranking is going to rock again next year.

I wonder when the last time a team had the #1 ranking and really only promoted one top prospect off their list?

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But hey, that prospect ranking is going to rock again next year.

I wonder when the last time a team had the #1 ranking and really only promoted one top prospect off their list?

I’m very happy with how Elias is bringing our prospects along.  This year has been fun and next year will be even more fun.  

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd be happier if I got to see Rodriguez, Hall, Henderson and Westburg by now.

Not me.   Rodriguez got hurt, which could have happened anywhere.  Hall’s not ready.   Henderson and Westburg have been in AAA for three weeks.  We may see them this summer; we’ll see.  I’m more interested in seeing them next year than this one (though I’m in favor of calling them up this year if they continue to perform well in AAA.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not me.   Rodriguez got hurt, which could have happened anywhere.  Hall’s not ready.   Henderson and Westburg have been in AAA for three weeks.  We may see them this summer; we’ll see.  I’m more interested in seeing them next year than this one (though I’m in favor of calling them up this year if they continue to perform well in AAA.

You are telling me that you would rather see Odor than Henderson in the lineup?

Not sure I believe you.

You are telling me that you would rather see Watkins toe the rubber instead of Hall?

Not sure I believe you.

You are telling me that you would rather see Nevin than Westburg in the lineup?

Not sure I believe you.

I'm not suggesting that Rodriguez wouldn't have been hurt if he'd be in the majors, but he should have been in the majors before he got hurt.

All that nonsense about earning it.  He'd "earned it" and was kept down anyway.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You are telling me that you would rather see Odor than Henderson in the lineup?

Not sure I believe you.

You are telling me that you would rather see Watkins toe the rubber instead of Hall?

Not sure I believe you.

You are telling me that you would rather see Nevin than Westburg in the lineup?

Not sure I believe you.

I'm not suggesting that Rodriguez wouldn't have been hurt if he'd be in the majors, but he should have been in the majors before he got hurt.

All that nonsense about earning it.  He'd "earned it" and was kept down anyway.

Give me truth serum, and I would have liked a little taste of watching Grayson pitch even if he would have gotten hurt.  He clearly was ready.   But if he was going to get hurt, better for it to happen before his debut.   The rest, I definitely prefer them in the minors right now.