Hyde said that a starter from AAA would most likely be used Saturday in Boston.

Snutchy

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Kremer is still rehabbing. I think we shouldn’t bring him up and mess up his progression. Reyes and Lowther have ERAs above 7 and 9. GR has to pitch in Fenway eventually. The Red Sox are not the typical Red Sox. 4th place. 

Man, spot on. I’d give Kremer more time, agreed. It is time. Dude’s filthy, sends a message to players and overall org top imo. I would really like to see Elias add a piece at the deadline, nothing costly but again, sends a message. 

8 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Melanie Newman said on the radio the other day that the Os want to see GRod dominating AAA.  Now, I don’t know if she was talking out of her ass or if she was told that but if we go on the assumption that she was told that, how much better does he need to do than he already is?

Jim Palmer said the other night that he thinks Grayson will be called up to start one of Saturday's games at Fenway. Will be interesting to see if he's right.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I think it will not be GR.  My initial thinking was Boston might present the easiest team on the schedule to debut against but then I saw the next home stand is the mariners and guardians.  That seems like the spot to me.

Red Sox offense has heated up in May. They’ve gone from averaging 3.45 runs a game in April to scoring 5.22 runs a game in May. 

I think they are planning for Rodriguez to make his first start at home after this road trip wraps up. 

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t get it.   What’s going to change by June 19 that hasn’t changed already?   They should either stick with the new rule, or scrap it.  

I would think that with offense being down they would be eager to cut the size of the staffs down.

• Upvote 1

Could Baumann still start Saturday with the work load he had tonight? Its a 7 Inning game right?

Bringing up Rodriguez would be awesome, but is there a date the O's are waiting to bring him up so his contract is more controllable?

Would they bring up Kevin Smith? Garrett Stallings and Ryan Watson are doing well at AA and are 24 years old. Do they pull one up for a start?

9 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Could Baumann still start Saturday with the work load he had tonight? Its a 7 Inning game right?

Bringing up Rodriguez would be awesome, but is there a date the O's are waiting to bring him up so his contract is more controllable?

Would they bring up Kevin Smith? Garrett Stallings and Ryan Watson are doing well at AA and are 24 years old. Do they pull one up for a start?

Doubleheaders are 9 innings.

12 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Man, spot on. I’d give Kremer more time, agreed. It is time. Dude’s filthy, sends a message to players and overall org top imo. I would really like to see Elias add a piece at the deadline, nothing costly but again, sends a message. 

Kremer's filthy?

ESPN currently gives Lyles for the 1210 tomorrow and blank for the 610.

After extending himself Monday, I'd kind of wished for Lyles to get the extra day, will be curious to see how they gameplay the lunchtime and dinnertime games.

AAA scoreboard gives Grayson as Norfolk's probable for TONIGHT, as appears he may get another rep on 4-days rest against Pat Valaika's lineup.