Garceau vs Newman

Sports Guy

52 minutes ago, Etch said:

Heard her doing the Rangers game today with Palmer. Good grief is she bad. I know I'm beating a dead horse but sheesh already.

Yeah, she's terrible.  I look forward to watching my O's play a handful of times a week, but when I see her as part of the broadcast team my excitement for the game certainly is lessened.  Just painful to listen to her.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think I like her better than Garceau. That’s a low bar to hurdle but she actually brings a bit of enthusiasm to the table. Garceau sounds like he’s broadcasting at a morgue. 

I’m not saying she’s great, far from it. I just slightly prefer her to Garceau. 

I prefer her to Garceau too, and it's not slightly.  I think Garceau is absolutely awful.  I think Newman is only a little bit awful.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

When is Brown getting back?

Brown has been relegated to calling the games on radio this week with Garceau. I hope he's back on MASN this weekend. I didn't know this until the seventh inning of today's game. 

If I knew this, I would have just listed to this series on radio with the television audio muted. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Brown has been relegated to calling the games on radio this week with Garceau. I hope he's back on MASN this weekend. I didn't know this until the seventh inning of today's game. 

If I knew this, I would have just listed to this series on radio with the television audio muted. 

Brown said last week that Geoff Arnold & Ben McDonald will be on the MASN broadcasts for the Pirates series this weekend. So I'm hoping that Brown will be back on TV at least by next week.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Brown said last week that Geoff Arnold & Ben McDonald will be on the MASN broadcasts for the Pirates series this weekend. So I'm hoping that Brown will be back on TV at least by next week.

That's right Newman does the Apple TV+ game on Friday, so that probably mean Brown will continue to be on radio this weekend. 

3 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Yeah, she's terrible.  I look forward to watching my O's play a handful of times a week, but when I see her as part of the broadcast team my excitement for the game certainly is lessened.  Just painful to listen to her.  

Agreed. At least Kevin Brown has grown on me. I don't even want Melanie to. 

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think I like her better than Garceau. That’s a low bar to hurdle but she actually brings a bit of enthusiasm to the table. Garceau sounds like he’s broadcasting at a morgue. 

I’m not saying she’s great, far from it. I just slightly prefer her to Garceau. 

She’s boring and Garceau is long past his prime. They both stink but I’m not sure either is going anywhere as they don’t care about fan feedback.

8 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Boy do I miss Jon Miller, Joe Angel and the late Chuck Thompson.

Three all-time greats to a real stink-a-roo. Anybody know the email of the guy who hires the broadcasters? I'd like to give him a performance review.

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's right Newman does the Apple TV+ game on Friday, so that probably mean Brown will continue to be on radio this weekend. 

NY Post long-time sports columnist and resident curmudgeon Phil Mushnick blasted her after watching a game she announced for Apple TV+. Pretty funny actually.

• Upvote 1