Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

6 hours ago, Oriole1940 said:

He seems to be on the right track.  Does not hurt so much as to what we traded away for him.    

Sadly the trade was mostly a loss IMO. But, if Kremer end up being a #3 starter that can finish 6 innings consistently you have a real nice player. Pop is a MLB reliever that is pitching in the bigs effectively that Elias failed to protect. So while he isn’t still here we should still consider his value in the trade. The rest of it was pretty much weak.

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You mean 1/3 of a season of Manny, who was never going to resign with an Orioles team on the verge of a complete teardown and rebuild?  Even if Kremer is the only real value the Orioles got back they traded 300 PAs of Machado for six years of Kremer.

Would have been the lowest leverage plate appearances ever.

41 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You mean 1/3 of a season of Manny, who was never going to resign with an Orioles team on the verge of a complete teardown and rebuild?  Even if Kremer is the only real value the Orioles got back they traded 300 PAs of Machado for six years of Kremer.

Hypothetically, of course 😃

12 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Actually, no matter what happens the Orioles own six years of Kremer's career.  They could trade it.  Or he might not be good or healthy enough to play six years.  But the Orioles still own it.

Haha I knew you were going to say that! If they trade him and/or his performance drops off (like Zimmerman's and maybe Akin's have this year) and he no longer makes the roster, then it's a moot point.

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I feel like the cutter has made a big difference this year.

I always wonder what Bundy would have become if he wasn't dissuaded from throwing a cutter because the organization "didn't like it." 

Bundy was allowed to throw his cutter once he got to the majors.  They just called it a slider.  The prohibition was only while he was in the minors. 

Last night is the first time I have seen him pitch.  He was tough.  He again, seemed to not want the ball taken from him.  He seemed to benefit from some very strong defense, especially the DP line drive to end the first.  But he did what you want pitchers to do.  Give you a chance to win until you get the 3 run HR....or in last nights case the 3 run double.  Too bad he did not get the win...but he did his part.