Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

MLB.com published its midseason update this morning...conservatively promoting Gunnar only to 41 and listing Orioles at 1-3-41-52-73-100

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

Skimming the list for stretch wishlist type items, maybe akin to the Spencer Howard we'll see tonight, I wonder who may be traded this month out of:

19 Kahlil Watson   (rooting like heck for the Marlins present winning streak to continue)

21 Brett Baty

24 Max Meyer

29 Eury Perez

46 Cole Winn     (Rangers 2022 hopes tottering like Marlins)

57 JJ Bleday

60 Gabriel Arias

63 Ronny Mauricio

64 Andrew Painter

66 Mick Abel

67 Ezequiel Duran    (TEX's Josh Smith and Duran are kind of their version, lesser, of the Gunnar-Westburg pair)

68 Brayan Rocchio

70 Tyler Freeman

71 Justin Foscue     (he is the polished TEX bat who feels really redundant after Seager-Semien and Josh Smith having an excellent season)

93 Gavin Williams

All the CLE guys here mostly idle speculation...they hoard as much as the Rays but they can't play all the middle infielders.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Just Regular said:

MLB.com published its midseason update this morning...conservatively promoting Gunnar only to 41 and listing Orioles at 1-3-41-52-73-100

Skimming the list for stretch wishlist type items, maybe akin to the Spencer Howard we'll see tonight, I wonder who may be traded this month out of:

19 Kahlil Watson   (rooting like heck for the Marlins present winning streak to continue)

21 Brett Baty

24 Max Meyer

29 Eury Perez

57 JJ Bleday

60 Gabriel Arias

63 Ronny Mauricio

64 Andrew Painter

66 Mick Abel

67 Ezequiel Duran    (TEX's Josh Smith and Duran are kind of their version, lesser, of the Gunnar-Westburg pair)

68 Brayan Rocchio

70 Tyler Freeman

71 Justin Foscue     (he is the polished TEX bat who feels really redundant after Seager-Semien and Josh Smith having an excellent season)

93 Gavin Williams

All the CLE guys here mostly idle speculation...they hoard as much as the Rays but they can't play all the middle infielders.

Kahlil Watson. I find him interesting but for the wrong reasons. 252 PA. 15 walks. 99 strikeouts.  Wow!

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

It would be cool if some of these trades happened well before the deadline of Aug 2. I mean, you'd think teams would want to get the most time out of their rentals.

Teams selling hold out to the last minute to get more teams bidding and maximize their return.  Teams buying wait to see who might become available if more teams decide to sell.  Teams on the fringe of contention wait to decide which way they're going to jump, buy or sell.  There may be early trades, but most will come very near the deadline.

4 hours ago, Just Regular said:

21 Brett Baty

24 Max Meyer

29 Eury Perez

57 JJ Bleday

60 Gabriel Arias

63 Ronny Mauricio

64 Andrew Painter

66 Mick Abel

68 Brayan Rocchio

70 Tyler Freeman

93 Gavin Williams

A couple of names I would like to add to the list:

39.  Kyle Harrison, SF, LHP, 3-2, is a starter just must be having severe inning restrictions.  2.76 ERA between A+/AA.  116 K in 65 IP.  Last start had 11 Ks. 

74.  Brayan Bello, Bos, RHP, 10-4, 2.33 ERA between AA/AAA.  114 K in 85 IP.  Saw really impressive video of his pitching.  98 mph fastball and wicked slider.  Maybe the O's can do a reverse Ed Rod trade. 

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

A couple of names I would like to add to the list:

39.  Kyle Harrison, SF, LHP, 3-2, is a starter just must be having severe inning restrictions.  2.76 ERA between A+/AA.  116 K in 65 IP.  Last start had 11 Ks. 

74.  Brayan Bello, Bos, RHP, 10-4, 2.33 ERA between AA/AAA.  114 K in 85 IP.  Saw really impressive video of his pitching.  98 mph fastball and wicked slider.  Maybe the O's can do a reverse Ed Rod trade. 

Bello is scheduled to make his first ML start tomorrow, vs. the Rays. I doubt the RS will part with him since they're always in need of pitching. But you never know -- or maybe I should say "I never know."

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Bello is scheduled to make his first ML start tomorrow, vs. the Rays. I doubt the RS will part with him since they're always in need of pitching. But you never know -- or maybe I should say "I never know."

Too bad, his stuff is just nasty.  Yeah, I doubt they're trading him if they think he's major league ready.