Wednesday, July 6: Orioles try to get their first series sweep since last July vs Nats

SteveA

3 minutes ago, justD said:

Ugh.  Baker.  I’m still not sold on him. 

Me neither.   But He's guy #6 or #7 in an 8 man bullpen.   How many teams have a really good pitcher in that spot?

Maybe the 2012-16 Orioles did.  We aren't there yet.   And tonight we have most of our top relievers unavailable.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

We need more runs. Let's go Os!

If Jorge can't keep this going, at least we'll have the top of the order in the 8th.

And the grounds crew is poised and ready to put the tarp out.   I wouldn't be ashamed to take another rain shortened win like we had vs the Nats.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If Jorge can't keep this going, at least we'll have the top of the order in the 8th.

And the grounds crew is poised and ready to put the tarp out.   I wouldn't be ashamed to take another rain shortened win like we had vs the Nats.

No shame in it at all.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Who's coming in now?

Baker still pitching.   Perez up in the pen.   There's a lefty on deck.   But then Garver, who kills lefties.  So maybe Baker gets 3 batters then Cionel?   Or if the first guy gets on, you bring in Cionel for the lefty but he has to face 3 batters, one of whom is Garver.

No easy answers.