2022 Draft Tracker

25 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Would that be a bigger or smaller meltdown than a Termarr Johnson meltdown?

If anyone "melts down" over Johnson then I'd like to know why? Go look at his information on his hand speed and other stuff and he's best in the class, bar none. I like Jones of course, and will not be upset if he's selected, but Johnson will be a good pick if he's the selection.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If anyone "melts down" over Johnson then I'd like to know why? Go look at his information on his hand speed and other stuff and he's best in the class, bar none. I like Jones of course, and will not be upset if he's selected, but Johnson will be a good pick if he's the selection.

We have some draft experts here who disagree with you.  Even I have to admit, he wouldn’t be my choice.   Most experts have Jones #1 alone.   Termarr is in the next group and most prefer Holliday.  Also, I’ve made the point that Brooks Lee is a more proven version of Termarr.

53 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Would that be a bigger or smaller meltdown than a Termarr Johnson meltdown?

Not me..much prefer Lee to Johnson.  No interest in Johnson at 1.  Good player and should be an above average starter but not the type of guy I want at 1.  

Lee is more of a sure thing and plays a more premium position.  I really won’t be happy with anyone outside of Jones although Holliday would make me the most happy after him.

5 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I just wish the Orioles could do the easy thing and take BPA with Jones.  They don't need to overthink this...

And then you know what happens after that…you still take overslot players, partially because you can and partially because you have the additional 825ishK to spend above the bonus pool.

It’s amazing..you can get the best talent AND get overslots.  It’s a miracle!

Just now, Sports Guy said:

And then you know what happens after that…you still take overslot players, partially because you can and partially because you have the additional 825ishK to spend above the bonus pool.

It’s amazing..you can get the best talent AND get overslots.  It’s a miracle!

Right.  You take BPA in Jones, and then you can still get overslots - that's why the number one pick gets the most draft money allotted to it.  In the back of my mind, I just assume they will mess this up primarily because the Angeloses are cheap and pathetic and Elias's hands are tied. 

19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We have some draft experts here who disagree with you.  Even I have to admit, he wouldn’t be my choice.   Most experts have Jones #1 alone.   Termarr is in the next group and most prefer Holliday.  Also, I’ve made the point that Brooks Lee is a more proven version of Termarr.

Well I'll be the first to say that I'm not a draft expert, but I'll say that the Perfect Game info swayed me to Johnson. Holliday is the only one I'm a little down based off his perfect game info where it looks like he has plateaued a bit. If his arm was better I'm like him a bit more. 

Jones is still probably the most talented overall, but with the new Camden Yards, I'm betting they go with a left-handed hitter or at least switch hit with this pick taking Jones out.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Right.  You take BPA in Jones, and then you can still get overslots - that's why the number one pick gets the most draft money allotted to it.  In the back of my mind, I just assume they will mess this up primarily because the Angeloses are cheap and pathetic and Elias's hands are tied. 

The cheap angle isn’t accurate unless any of these are true:

1) They refuse to spend the 4.9% allowed over the bonus pool.

2) They refuse to spend a certain amount of money on a HS kid.

If either of them are true, it’s fair to call them cheap.

Bur if neither is true, I think this is more about Elias and Sig’s computer.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Well I'll be the first to say that I'm not a draft expert, but I'll say that the Perfect Game info swayed me to Johnson. Holliday is the only one I'm a little down based off his perfect game info where it looks like he has plateaued a bit. If his arm was better I'm like him a bit more. 

Jones is still probably the most talented overall, but with the new Camden Yards, I'm betting they go with a left-handed hitter or at least switch hit with this pick taking Jones out.

I really hope they don’t let the wall dictate how they go about the draft.