2022 1st Round Pick (#1): Jackson Holliday, - SS - Stillwater HS (OK)

23 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I think I said he would get something in the 7.8-8.2 range.

Figured it would be $500K+ in savings.

Good deal.  Glad it’s done.  Good savings for other signings.  Probably could have had Jones for similar money, so no savings between the 2.

Further evidence they got the guy they valued as the best player on the board.

what, you're saying the $600 less that Jones signed for isn'g significant? 😂

I was listening to Keith Law’s pre-draft podcast where Eric Longenhagen was his guest.   Both said that even though Termarr Johnson has been known for a couple of years as having the best hit tool, that Holliday might have caught him this year.  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Did he get introduced at The Yard yet? I remember that was a big deal for the Adley signing. Press conference, BP, introduction to fans. 

Fabian/Beavers were there on Saturday night when I was there. Was hoping to see Holliday but alas.

Am I the only one getting concerned that Jackson's contract hasn't become official/announced yet? Starting to worry there is something wrong with him similar to the Kierstad situation.  

Edited by markpolis
added text

46 minutes ago, markpolis said:

?Am I the only one getting concerned that Jackson's contract hasn't become official/announced yet Starting to worry there is something wrong with him similar to the Kierstad situation.  

Either the only one or one of the very few.   Probably just a matter of him taking a little time with family before coming to Baltimore for the physical and the hoopla.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Druw Jones hurt his shoulder, could be out for the rest of the year. Per Tge Athletic. 

Can you imagine the meltdown on here if we picked him and that happened?

I imagine it would be pretty similar to the "meltdown" we had here when Kjerstad missed the 2020, 2021 and the start of the 2022 seasons.