2022 3rd Round Pick (#81): Nolan McLean- P - (Jr) Oklahoma State University

31 minutes ago, LTO's said:

If Hall is disappointing you this year then I think your expectations are little too high. 

That one puzzled me also. He had the one really bad outing in late June where he apparently was tipping pitches and gave up 7 runs, but since then in 4 starts he has thrown 20,2 innings, with 40 Ks, 7 BBs, 8 hits allowed and 1 ER given up. He is dealing. I think the time has come to pull the trigger and bring him up. I am exactly the opposite of "disappointed" in Hall.

55 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

2022 3rd Round Pick Comp B (#81):  Nolan McClean- P - (Jr) Oklahoma State University

https://www.mlb.com/video/2022-draft-nolan-mclean-sb?t=mlb-draft

Stats

I’m confused….here he a pitcher or a 3B

2022 Draft: Nolan McLean, 3B

April 27, 2022 | 00:00:48
ReelsShare

Nolan McLean has great bat speed and strength allowing him to drive the ball out of any park and he has the ability to adjust at the plate

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Stats indicate a better hitter than pitcher to me

Maybe but they aren't going on the stats.   The important stat is that he struck out 36% of the time and he throws 94-95 with high spin rates on his curve and slider.   You might be wrong!   Maybe.

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe but they aren't going on the stats.   The important stat is that he struck out 36% of the time and he throws 94-95 with high spin rates on his curve and slider.   You might be wrong!   Maybe.

And 19 bombs in 240 at bats, 47 RBIs and a .992 OPS

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Just stating the facts ….

That is a fact, no disputing that.  I am sure you realize that evaluating how these guys will fare as pros has almost zero to do with their college stats on baseball reference.  It is largely irrelevant. 

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Just stating the facts ….

You asked why he would be a pitcher instead of a hitter.   I gave you the reasons and that stats.    Sure, he has massive power and had some nice numbers but his 36.9% strikeout rate makes Jud Fabian look like Paul Molitor.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You asked why he would be a pitcher instead of a hitter.   I gave you the reasons and that stats.    Sure, he has massive power and had some nice numbers but his 36.9% strikeout rate makes Jud Fabian look like Paul Molitor.

True ….and he as a bad relief pitcher that had a high K to IP.