2022 3rd Round Pick (#81): Nolan McLean- P - (Jr) Oklahoma State University

19 minutes ago, seak05 said:

McLean officially doesn't sign, highest draft pick not to (although Mets also had a 3rd rounder not sign). I'm thinking either his number changed, or something happened on the physical 

Source confirming he didn’t sign?

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, that bites.  

The question is:  Was there a physical or did it never get to that point?    There is no bitterness for finger pointing in his post.  He also says he learned about the organization.  Hmmm.   Did he come to Baltimore?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We haven’t had any physicals issues with Elias.  Hopefully the kid is fine, but I trust the organization. Heck, they were right on the ones they got criticized about anyhow, esp Balfour. 

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me. It is a bummer, but with the lack of pre-draft physicals, these things happen.

Yeah, they should have pre-draft physicals done.  Sounds like we had an agreed number with him, pending the physical.  When the physical came back we had some issues with it, and then dropped our number, which he of course didn't like.  Not sure either side is really right or wrong here, just one of the things this system creates.  

40 minutes ago, seak05 said:

And that was always the most likely reason, especially given the orioles and physicals. 

I will say the baseball process of not having physicals pre-draft has always seemed a little strange. 

McLean went to the draft combine.  I think they did pre-draft physicals there.