All hands on deck for Toronto

seak05

3 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I’d also like to see a heartfelt on camera apology by Akin. Disgusting & vile comments he made. Not someone I want to see as part of this franchise. I don’t care how good he is. 

1 hour ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

let me be clear for the alt-right posters here that clearly make up most of the board: don’t use the n word if you aren’t black and/or racist filth or don’t want to be perceived as such. Not only is it inappropriate but it’s dehumanizing. 

what’s more telling is people think this mindset just evolves with age and it’s no big deal. 

Didn’t you “quit” this board  a few days ago? Just couldn’t stay away? It was a nice break from the constant poorly thought out opinions. 

I don’t see anyone else going out of their way to bring politics into the conversation other than you. So I’m not sure where you would get the idea that this board is full of “alt-right” posters. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anyway, I'm just happy that the whole team can go and if anyone gets hurt we can bring someone up from the 40 man without having to do any roster shuffling.  

Exactly.  I don’t want to give the Blow Jays any advantage and I’m glad our players don’t either.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Exactly.  I don’t want to give the Blow Jays any advantage and I’m glad our players don’t either.  

Then you probably don't want to see which Cardinals aren't making the trip to Toronto this week.   Let's put it this way, if the Blue Jays were allowed to CHOOSE which Cardinals they didn't have to face, these two would probably be #1 and #1a.

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Didn’t you “quit” this board  a few days ago? Just couldn’t stay away? It was a nice break from the constant poorly thought out opinions. 

I don’t see anyone else going out of their way to bring politics into the conversation other than you. So I’m not sure where you would get the idea that this board is full of “alt-right” posters. 

Gave him a little help with that now.

Now, with the entire 40 man being able to travel to Toronto, I wonder if this comes up again with any new claims/additions throughout the season.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

So are you telling me that the mindset I had when I was 16, back in 1988, was permanently locked in?

I'm reasonably sure that isn't true.

Most people's opinions at the age of 16 are mostly just lifted from influential people around them.  Most 16-year-olds are incapable of piecing together the experience and logic to form substantial opinions of their own.  I shudder to think of the trail of ridiculousness I'd have left if Twitter existed in 1988.  I was well into my 20s before I started seriously examining whether the stuff I believed had any real foundation to stand on.

If we exiled everyone who ever liked an offensive thing to Siberia I'd be toiling in a Kamchatka mercury mine.

• Upvote 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Did you read what he said???🤬🤬🤬What he said at any age, is unacceptable and rooted in hatred. Hard stop. Not all “edgy” tweets are the same and your response tells me all I need to know about you as a human being.

Why am I getting JTrea vibes here? 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

What brings this up now?  Nelson hasn’t posted since the day he wrote that.  

Been on the road, haven't been deep into any threads in awhile, getting caught up. Was curious what happened to him. I just happened to be on the site back in the day when JTrea dropped his last post that got deleted. Struck me as having a similar "tenor".