O's hottest item is Bautista

Baltimorecuse

1 minute ago, Baltimorecuse said:

If anyone was looking for a closer or set up man Bautista is as good as they come right now.  Unhittable

Rumor has it the Dodgers need a closer.

We've got a real shot at the playoffs.  I'd hate to see the Mountain go.  

Would much rather trade Lopez or Tate and keep Bautista 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I don't really see the logic in trading Bautista, 5 more years of control left, pretty cheap for 2 more of them. He might be a top tier closer.

If the price is right, you have to listen.   He could be a difference maker for the Dodgers, Astros, etc.    

As hard as it would be to part with him, he's the one guy you'd get the highest overpay on.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

I don't want to trade anyone.  I love this team.  Like everything else it depends on what you can get.  Anyone remember Frank Robinson?

To get three outs I think Bautista is as as anyone in the game right now.  

Thats kind of where I am except for Odor and I'd like to see Stowers get a shot. Everyone on this team has years of control (except Mancini) which should make the return pretty decent. Bautista would get a haul no doubt. I'd want two controllable SP's in return for him. 

1 hour ago, Baltimorecuse said:

If anyone was looking for a closer or set up man Bautista is as good as they come right now.  Unhittable

Rumor has it the Dodgers need a closer.

We've got a real shot at the playoffs.  I'd hate to see the Mountain go.  

Gladly sell them Lopez, for Bautista would require 4-5 of their best. An insane return…no less.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

By four to five of their best are you talking more/less/equivalent to what the Mariners just gave up for Luis Castillo?

That is probably what it would take for me. He is a rookie reliever on a 3 rWAR pace. Relievers are volatile but he is making the minimum the next two years so there is no financial risk. He shortens the game by an inning, and in a playoff race that is enormous.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Gladly sell them Lopez, for Bautista would require 4-5 of their best. An insane return…no less.

Lopez has two more arb years and there's no smoke and mirrors to his game right now. The 98/99 sinker is very real. Maybe offseason between 2023 / 2024 we deal him, but he's a part of the next O's contender as we stand now and I don't think he's turning into a pumpkin. Those questions have been answered re: his brief pre-ASB slide as far as I'm concerned.