Jorge Lopez traded to Twins for pitching prospects (edit)

interloper

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So you think they took a lesser package?

No, but I think they could have certainly held out to negotiate with another team. Things can and do change in the final hours. I think we made a deal too early and settled for a mediocre package.

Edited by Brooks The Great

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

This seems like a not so great return.... what am I missing?

Probably a more current, bullish assessment of what we got back. The Os will get their side out in time. I doubt they traded him just to trade him. Have some faith.

• Upvote 1

TwinsDaily.com has Povich as the Twins #10 prospect, as of July 1:

Bats: L / Throws: L

Rule 5 Eligible: After 2024 Season

Acquisition Method: Draft

Scouting Report

June 2022 Update
One of the fastest-rising arm stocks in the system alongside Marco Raya. Povich threw only 10 innings in the Twins system after being drafted in the third round last year, so he's now acclimating to full-season pro competition for the first time. His strikeout rate suggests he's overmatching Single-A hitters at Cedar Rapids, which is unsurprising for a 22-year-old highly drafted college pitcher. If he can reach the high minors and establish himself as a near-ready option in the second half that'd be helpful, because left-handed starters is a clear area of scarcity for the Twins.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Initial thoughts are this is a pretty awful trade. I don't consider any of these guys to be legit prospects at all from what I am reading. I'm not sure if any of them would be top 25-30 guys in our system. Seems like a lot of filler for a closer who was valuable. High ERA's, high walks, and the cornerstone of the trade is 28? 

Would have much rather had one decent prospect. Not a fan at all just based upon initial impressions. 

Just now, O-The-Memories said:

Initial thoughts are this is a pretty awful trade. I don't consider any of these guys to be legit prospects at all from what I am reading. I'm not sure if any of them would be top 25-30 guys in our system. Seems like a lot of filler for a closer who was valuable. High ERA's, high walks, and the cornerstone of the trade is 28? 

Would have much rather had one decent prospect. Not a fan at all just based upon initial impressions. 

Povich is definitely a legit prospect.