Roch (MASN): DL Hall is joining Orioles tonight

eddie83

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've seen him hit 97 a few times.

Hey @Sports Guy, I wish I was trying to be funny but I really wasn't.  I'm not impressed.

Every starter we have in the majors at the moment is better than Hall. I wish it weren’t the case, but his command is just too spotty at the moment and the stuff is not overwhelming.  This sort of reminds me of when Bundy came up and pitched against the Red Sox.  The stuff just wasn’t as good as we were expecting.  Turns out he was likely hurt at least a bit.   Hope that isn’t the case with Hall

Just now, baltfan said:

Every starter we have in the majors at the moment is better than Hall. I wish it weren’t the case, but his command is just too spotty at the moment and the stuff is not overwhelming.  This sort of reminds me of when Bundy came up and pitched against the Red Sox.  The stuff just wasn’t as good as we were expecting.  Turns out he was likely hurt at least a bit.   Hope that isn’t the case with Hall

Well, I'm not ready to make proclamations about his chances moving forward based off what we've seen today.  He definitely needs some work but you can see how if he refines a few things he can be a good pitcher.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, I'm not ready to make proclamations about his chances moving forward based off what we've seen today.  He definitely needs some work but you can see how if he refines a few things he can be a good pitcher.  

Don’t get me wrong. I think he has a bright future. I just don’t think he is better than what they have at the moment.  There will come a time where he will be. 

And let’s not forget this Rays team isn’t exactly an offensive juggernaut. They have a ton of injuries. 

Edited by baltfan

With everyone clamoring for all the MILB guys to be promoted, is now really the correct time for it considering the Os are in the middle of a playoff push? I know it worked for promoting Manny, but with most young players being promoted for the 1st time, there is going to be a transition period. Hall has a chance to be a good MLB pitcher eventually, but currently looks like he needs some time to adjust to the hardest level of baseball hes ever faced.

It took Rutschman, Witt, and Julio Rodriques some time to adjust, and they were considered an Uber prospects. 

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Don’t get me wrong. I think he has a bright future. I just don’t think he is better than what they have at the moment.  There will come a time where he will be. 

Raw talent wise, I think he's as good as anyone in the rotation.  But as far as being able to go out and pitch well right now, you might be right.  

We'll see.  I hope he gets some good time with Holt (he's a wizard!) and can iron some things out.  I think he gets another start or two and if the results are like today, he's gonna go back down.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Raw talent wise, I think he's as good as anyone in the rotation.  But as far as being able to go out and pitch well right now, you might be right.  

We'll see.  I hope he gets some good time with Holt (he's a wizard!) and can iron some things out.  I think he gets another start or two and if the results are like today, he's gonna go back down.

We can agree on everything you say here. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Yep, stuff isn’t any better than Bradish’s

The changeup is much better than Bradish’s.

Not sure what kind of spin rate on the fastball but I’ll take mid to high 90’s from the left side over the right any day. It’s just more rare.